Allow to refund the game on PC after update 5 graphical downgrade

Its not working as advertised anymore, though.

2 Likes

Those experiencing continual crashes may have a point if they still have problems after carrying out the recommended steps. But having non fluffy clouds might not be enough when Asobo are obviously still working on both performance and visuals.

1 Like

They will need to pro-rate your refund since you got a year’s worth of use.

We all signed the EULA agreement upon purchasing this product… that is the nature of the beast unfortunately.

It’s the law that desperately needs changing. Something the likes of EA have taken advantage of for many years now… We’ll call it a coincidence that EA also have a terrible reputation…

1 Like

And , it also states in EU law , that once you download and consume / use a digital product , there is no right to a refund on such product , unless , the product malfunctioning , doesn’t install etc . Even then , you have to prove this to the company / person who sold you the product , and give them a chance to fix the issues !!

( P.s I have experience of this minefield !! )

1 Like

Please asobo/MS give them a refund, so this bashing stops. The solution to the lower PC graphics settings have been posted by dozens of people, including me. But they dont want to listen, they just want to carry on with their behaviour…

5 Likes

I spent around the same. Specifically after reading reviews and technical information. I wanted the graphics that were advertised when I purchased the game and I got the graphics that were advertised when I purchased the game. I don’t want to refund, I want my old game back! Clearly they’re capable of putting out a high-quality game like the one we used to have. I just want it back!

7 Likes

I agree with you. They are very capable of releasing the MSFS in a very high visual quality version, however, the bottom line for Microsoft is to sell as many games as possible. To do that, they must make the product function, well enough on marginal PC’s (like mine) , an XBox and High End PC’s. To avoid dumbing down any part of our experience they would have to code for differences in platforms, CPU’s , GPU’s, Memory and the list goes on and on… Simpler and Cheaper to code for a common experience.

When I play Cyberpunk, I have beautiful graphics and 60fps. When my buddy plays it on his 1070, he has decent graphics at 60fps, and when my friend plays it on his PS4 Pro he has okay Graphics at 30fps. This has been the normal for 99% of games for the last 15/20 years? Why can’t we do that here? Rdr2 looks pretty ■■■■ good on PlayStation 4, but it looks absolutely gorgeous on my PC… I think we can do both. I’m waiting to hear an official statement from Asobo…

3 Likes

If the man with the best system out of all of you, MrTonySM says it’s a huge improvement then that’s good enough for me.

You really only need to change your settings to suit and some will have different impacts than previously. Until ‘Options’ gets modified that may mean a .cfg tweak or two, there are plenty enough posts on these boards explaining how.

Decreasing the graphics quality is not the most deadly. The most deadly is the constant CTD. Today I flew 4 times and there were 3 CTDs. Now I completely abandon MSFS. At least until the next update, I will not open it again.

1 Like

i must admit what asbo have done is bad and lied about duling down the graphics, i was a low setings user before the update drop, now am a high end and the graphics still look low end just beter proformance

3 Likes

Know where you coming from, I’ve seen the same with Asphalt-8, I can run that racer at 51FpS on my MX-330/i7 laptop. With MSFS I don’t get more than 25, even after the Nordic update. Before that, I had 16-20.

We can’t reach the 60FpS frame rate in MSFS because the scenery is much larger (it is downloaded while you fly) and more complex, compared to these games. We have weather, time set, sunshine, clouds… moonlight… all under user control. And the player camera can go to any altitude and horizon angle… can you do that in Cyberpunk ?

I don’t know that game, but screenshots look dark… that also makes it easier, to skip details…

There is far more variety in light in MSFS… I don’t see that in Cyberpunk screenshots, they all use artificial lighting and evening sky textures. MSFS has sunlight winds, rain, snow, rainbows… an atmospheric model.

Because FSX was a console hit, right?

Way off topic

I will not ask for a refund… but the truth is that I feel cheated.

I bought the game twice, one a physical copy to have it on my stand with my other geek aviation things and books, and other on Steam as it’s the platform where I do prefer to game.

However after playing this last weekend SU5 for first time as said I feel disappointed, at first obvioulsy noticed the performance improvement (something It’s great obviously for people who doesn’t have high-end rigs, and I’m happy for them - even that in my case I was happy with the performance I’ve already got (i7-8700k,rtx3070,32gb ram,1440p). But also start to feel the sim different, not so sharp, it clearly looks way worse than before.

I do really hope that Asobo/MS brings back the visual quality to PC soon. Otherwise, they will be difficult to trust anymore on future updates and projects.

5 Likes

I have both msfs2020 and P3D 5.2hf2 and I just fly P3D until 2020 gets better. I did this after update 2 and tried again after update 4 and things are better. I think MSFS 2020 will keep getting better.

Try adjusting your settings, use the .cfg hack if you must but almost everything is way better and what isn’t is still work in progress. Also some aspects have been moved to other cores so might require a different approach.

it’s a feat of epic proportions if you asked me, what Asobo accomplished is absolutely mind blowing in terms of memory optimization, yeah they nuked the sim on PC but they managed to fit a ferrari engine into a scooter, how many companies can say that?

4 Likes

I wasn’t necessarily referring to the framerate, but to the fact that each system should be allowed to do things differently based on their specific capabilities…

1 Like