Allow us to remove Active Pause from toolbar

May I suggest if you don’t like it , then don’t use it but then sadly you won’t have anything to complain about.

This wasn’t there before and I can’t hide it somehow. It’s ugly and unnecessary.

1 Like

I think the idea of active pause is cool, but it still needs a lot of work - some things aren’t actually pausing - like how you can still adjust the engine speed when paused, and that will cause your airspeed to potentially drop to 0 (or some unrealistic excessive speed) all while “paused”.

Probably a topic for a separate post though

Hello
multiplayer option is turned off
i loaded i a new flight still the same
i did a reinstallation of the sim problem s still here …

similarlty plane stress accumulates, I active paused in a turn to take a picture over a ranch I manage IRL and before I could take the pic I black screened with “overstress” I’m guessing from all this that I was just making a super tight corner forever… what was the point of this at all?

Very sry for that…

can you show screenshot from your problem?

I mean i cant even open the custom menubar to reset the default state

Apart for the Active Pause eventual usefulness, I found a strange bug. I just tried with the new 1.8.3, and when coming back from Active Pause, my cockpit and external cameras are both messed. In particular I am not able to recall any of my camera saved configuration with Alt+n. Am I the only one with this problem?

I agree they need to change it

It is ugly…does not go well with others

Yes that works great! I can get the same problem with turning off the autopilot if I use Keyboard Z to shut off the autopilot. If I shut if off with the button on the virtual plane’s dash, it works fine. But “Z” gives me the same haywire controls as the active pause does.

Completamente de acuerdo con eliminar de la barra de tareas, o activarlo y desactivar el icono desde un menú dentro del juego

I don’t ever see Active Pause ever really being useful for me, personally - but it’s probably worth fixing as a feature…

Just make the icon optional - it takes up space I’d prefer to have back. And redesign the UI art, obviously… ■■■■ :wink:

6 Likes

hehe, I see the “best” option removes the upper bar as well. That should be referred to as “epic”.

2 Likes

Yes,

that Active pause is some like missunderstanded feature, get it out from sim, agree. That upper bar I see after many versions of sims flew in history as very good thing in case Main menu bar isn’t implemented.

1 Like

Yesterday I was flying the C152 and paused the flight. Straight and level at 2000 ft. with only a light on my
Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO. Went out for supper with family. I came back 2 hours 45 minutes later and
resumed the flight right were I left off! Not even a hiccup. I use Active Pause often and like it.

@ Theodorus

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

What another joke from our developers, sry. So you say that your active pause working like normal pause??? Unbelievable again!

I am not one of the developers. I did work in the IT industry for 35 years but have been retired for 13 years. Been using MSFS since 2004 version. And as for Active Pause I did have the problem of the sim not taking control of the plane properly while in AP.

1 Like

Apologize if you mean that I’ve mean you as developer, no.

Really curious, so now you don’t have problems? Sry, somehow I don’t understand your status, sry.

I’m simply curious because everytime I push Active Pause my aircraft after3-5s. crash, mean window apears about crash.

1 Like

Active pause has not always worked that way for me. The example I shared here about the 2 hour 45 minute pause was post patch 1.8.3.0

heh that also means,

that sim has really big problem if one object does different things to different users.