Allow us to remove Active Pause from toolbar

Is there a real real pause? I use the real pause for pictures, get myself next to a boat to take a nice screenshot, hit pause and the boat keeps moving (they are quite fast!)

The weather keeps going as well, which is sometimes useful (hang in a spot while the sun goes down) sometimes not, missed the moment while trying to get the drone to work.

Go to controls, select all and search for pause. It should come up. You can’t turn the cabin light on in pause, turn it on first if you need to adjust the G1000 at night.

Two essential controls to put on the flight stick, disengage auto pilot and pause ON. It saved me again today (disengage auto pilot). I was coming in for landing and wondered how bad the wind must be that the plane kept trying to roll and pitch all the way up. The auto pilot will fight you to the bitter end, literally. I was sure I had disabled it but sometimes it misses a command, always listen for the ping.

Alrighty then. Have fun with XPlane while it’s still available I suppose. Constructive criticism is what’s needed here, and this is neither constructive nor helping.

5 Likes

Sure, it’s not constructive criticism. It’s realistic criticism. And furthermore, the development and testing phases are the best times for constructive criticism. Apparently there wasn’t much of that going on. Otherwise my flight wouldn’t be trashed at the very end due to some ridiculous little issue where my perfectly stable flight manages to over-stress during 10 seconds of active pause. Seems like that should have been an elementary issue to work out early on. Hey, it’s one thing if the game crashes. That I can forgive. Software doesn’t always play well with ram, gpu’s, cpu’s and such. But this was no software crash. I find it absolutely ridiculous and frankly “impossible” that these active pause “side effects” were not discovered and addressed before they even started alpha. Yeah, I’m betting they knew about it all along. They choose to do nothing about a pause function that doesn’t even work! Imagine that! A pause that actually allows you to crash. And they didn’t fix it…YET.
Seriously?
So alrighty then Microsoft fanboy. Have fun watching your flights end prematurely due to something that can’t even be called a glitch. Instead it’s more of a result of poor planning, bad design, and rushed release. Hey! at least you can see your house before the flight goes down the drain.

3 Likes

Whaaaaaat? You know for sure they are doing nothing? Comments like this are so lame. I get it. You are 16 years old and this sim means the entire amount of your allowance. But come on. The sim has been out for 4 weeks, and a second patch is due tomorrow. “Choose to do nothing?” Most inflammatory “please subscribe to my channel BS” I’ve ever read.

Asobo has character. They will be fixing this sim every month for many years. And yet, you claim to have insider knowledge that they “choose to do nothing.” Please. Go back to playing Roblox.

Or for god sakes, just reload your flight and put it on final. And stop posting this junk.

2 Likes

report it to Zendesk if you haven’t already

1 Like

Yes they choose to do nothing.
How can anyone release a game with a pause function that simply doesn’t work.
I’m blown away at how many people defend this game. It’s like you’re hypnotized by all of the beautiful graphics and completely blinded to what a pile of garbage it is.
Yes, I understand games like this, especially flight sims, are always a work in progress. But there’s so much failure in basic functionality. So much overly complicated, overly thought-out features. The flight planner is slow and weird, no ability to view charts, way too much automation with it. (Compared to the navigraph app on my ipad and/or desktop) And the flight planner will not be fixed. That’s just the poor design they cooked up. Then when it comes to avionics, FMS, and other aircraft systems. There are so many INOP systems and buttons within these planes. That stuff is as simple as it gets, that’s what actually should be complicated.
Haha… I’m 16? try again guy. Spent all my allowance? No. But I paid for something with high expectations. That said, I knew that there would inevitably be some areas that needed improvement with time. This goes beyond that. Because of it’s unique, gimmicky, creative design. There is a pause function that doesn’t even do it’s job. They knew about it, they put it on the back burner because of the rush to release, along with a whole host of other basic issues.

1 Like

Why would someone need to report this? Are you wanting to play the “this guy is not a blind fanboy like us so we want to shut him up” game?
What a tool.
I’ve been trying to like this game. Trying to get used to it. Trying to ignore some of the issues, trying real hard to be patient. And tonight an hour and half flight was completely destroyed in the last 5 minutes because Microsoft ignored a broken pause function. I was angry. I have every right to vent that anger.

1 Like

I don’t claim insider knowledge. I just claim the common sense that there’s no way that a problem like that went unnoticed all this time. NOT POSSIBLE.
Asobo has character? So you have insider knowledge? you know these guys? maybe they do have character. But they are also puppets. Puppets being pushed to rush a game out under Microsoft’s command. I guarantee you there is some ***** sitting at a desk who doesn’t know jack about making games or “Sims” but all he’s concerned with is money and his proposed timeline.

More like 13 years old “I’m going to scream and scream and scream till I make myself sick” @tackleberryw if you don’t like the game go back to x-plane p3d or even FSX with there Tom and Jerry cartoon graphics, needless to say I’ve not really experienced any problems with my aircraft.

1 Like

Yep another graphics reference. No surprise there. All of those beautiful visuals don’t mean anything when the sim functions this poorly.
You’re blissfully ignorant.

1 Like

You have a right to vent your frustration. Just make you sure you also report the bug if you really want the sim to get any better.

Why couldn’t they use the default keyboard mappings we have used for over 20yrs… pain the the fkn ■■■■ having to do it…

Like I said if you bothered to read my post properly I’ve not had many issues with my aircraft in msfs…

1 Like

Simple solution here … Don’t use active pause.

There are toggles in the key bindings that are called “Set Pause On” and “Set Pause Off” – Bind these to keys and you’re set with a pause that doesn’t continue to fly the aircraft.

1 Like

Maybe try a different airline next time. Singapore have some good choices.

Read this topic and enjoy MSFS again. :wink:

I do agree with you that Active pause was a big, big mistake… They never should have made that the default ‘pause’ option. Very bad and stupid move that ruined flights for A LOT of people…!

1 Like

Paused a 787 flight to RJTT,CTD after about 30 mins.
Report: Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-33N9UHU

please remove this (pause active) and bring the Replay

Why push to remove something that just YOU do not want to use, when others really would want it to remain, because it provides a very necessary function, and the push should be to just get it fixed.
If YOU don’t want Active pause … GREAT – just don’t use it

What next ?

ASOBO, please remove Japan Scenery, because I will never fly there !!!

BTW . All for ADDING stuff … Like Replay … but not just a Video Replay (you can do that with Nvidia tools outside the sim).
A Replay feature should be a full flight replay and analysis tool - but that may well be a good thing to leave to 3rd party developers… ASOBO just provide the connectivity and simconnect function ec, so that they can do this, without having to resort into “Hacking” into the system. (like with FSX)