Aloha , any recommended addons for Hawaii ? Mahalo

Enjoy! Let us know what you think when you’ve had a bash. I’m sure to grab it anyway but am on childcare duty until Monday, so I excitedly look forward to your report hehe :wink:

2 Likes

Right now I’m trying to get FSLTL (the new AI traffic injector) to work. I think I goofed up the install (lol you literally install through the FlyByWire installer and I managed to honk it up)

Hopefully after work today I can (gasp) actually FLY something in MSFS hahahah. All my time has been spent on the apron tweaking things lately.

Just a quick one - the proposed Thirty Meter Telescope (aka “TMT”) at the top of Mauna Kea: Thirty Meter Telescope & Mauna Kea observatory » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Continuing the astronomy theme… Haleakala!

1 Like

For those interested, the Photogrammetry by Steveli has just been updated to SU10 and Seafront Vessels compatibility, plus with some other fixes too:

Changelog:
v3.0 Changes:

1. Compatible with SU10
  2. PHNL (Honolulu International Airport) mesh/elevation is fixed
  3. PHNG (Marine Corps Air Station at Kaneohe Bay) mesh/elevation is fixed.
  4. Compatible with Seafront Simulations – Vessels The Hawaiian Islands
  5. Water masks fixing and tree adjustments around the whole area
1 Like

PHNG:

PHNL:

So… we still have the melted nuke-attack textures, but the airports are usable again! YAY! :slight_smile:

I bought the Seafront product for the Hawaiian Islands. Looks great. I also have GAIST so there’s plenty of vessel activity and better-populated marinas. One more product to bring more life to Hawaii.

3 Likes

Hey…

Yeah, I have dipped my toes in again, but only Xbox X at the moment… ■■■■, I miss my PC and my development days.

Seeing that picture of Windward O’ahu makes me wish I can continue with this scenery. I was gonna really go all out with that one!

One day soon I hope

3 Likes

Feel free to shoot me a DM. If I can help I will!

Do we need to start a “Lash needs a dang PC” fund? :wink:

(edit) LOL the Disneyland filter is sure aggressive.

1 Like

Are y’all actually able to use the updated Honolulu scenery? And if so, do you have RTX 3090s?

I found the 3.0 version of Steveli’s Honolulu is killing performance on my sim with a 10GB 3080. I didn’t have issues with 2.0, but 3.0 on DX11 stutters like mad and I can see that texture memory is maxxed out. So maybe that 4090 will help there! On DX12, the stuttering goes away, but areas of the ground keep popping in and out. (I think that’s a general issue DX12 beta is having with some scenery.)

Also, I did the same thing I did with 2.0 here – got rid of the photogrammetry and static aircraft around PHNL as it’s just too low-detail for an airport. Melted planes are kinda distracting. :slight_smile:

Just delete these files; the first set is in zzz_hawaii_honolulu_Part1, and the last three are in _Part6.

That will remove the photogrammetry around the airport and you can use @FREAKYD777’s PHNL scenery for the airport itself. (Optionally, you can run the layout.json files for _part1 and _part6 through MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe so the sim won’t try to load the now-missing scenery, but it’ll work even if you don’t.)

2 Likes

DX12 wasn’t good but not only here. Once I figured out a lot of terrain textures and strange tile effects errors I was seeing was due to DX12 and switched back to DX11, Honolulu was fine for me. It did creep under my target 30fps in some places but that’s also not unusual for large PG areas for me. No stutters though, was perfectly playable.

I do have a low TLOD though as my CPU isn’t strong (have it set at 40 to cope with PG). This is on an RTX2070.

1 Like

Yes, and a 3090Ti (24GB). I’m rockin’ 3840x1080 (x2).

THANK YOU for the tips on what to remove so that it gets rid of the melted stuff. I will try that when I am home later on!

(edit) @Editer I’m also trying to make PHNG workable without losing the elevation data it’s got (it has the hill on base Pu’u Hawai’iloa aka “Kansas Tower”). There are only 3 files I can find:

Right now Iʻve got nothing in the zzz-Hwaii_honolulu_Part3\scenery\mycompany folder and the elevation stuff is missing :frowning:

(Edit) PHJR is a mess too. Same with PHNP (Naval Auxiliary Landing Field Ford Island) in Pearl Harbor. I ended up just de-selecting the scenery altogether until we can sort out how to fix the airports.

Some new Hawai’i stuff! (new to me that is)

Diamond Head / Koko Head / Haunauma Bay / etc
Oahu Upgrade 2.1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator (released last year)

Port of Honolulu
Port of Honolulu, Honolulu HI » Microsoft Flight Simulator (has a dependency, listed on the d/l page)

Waikoloa (HI07) Heliport
Waikoloa Heliport, Hawaii - HI07 » Microsoft Flight Simulator (has dependencies)

Hawaii Seaplane Bases - Port Allen (PHPA)

Lockheed L-1049G “California Hawaiian” livery

MadDog livery - The original jet was a DC-9-15 (one of the tiny kawaii (cute) ones! Ok, so kawaii is Japanese, but you hear it all over the place here.)

OMG I have been dying to post this…

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

Yes. My absolute favorite turboprop regional is coming to MSFS!!! :slight_smile:

Hawaiian Air operated three Shorts 330s (aka SD3-30). I am such a nerd for this plane.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

6 Likes

Finally got Hawaiian 787 livery on xbox marketplace from surprisingly Dreamscenery and looks pretty good. Hawaiian is said to be getting the 787 fleet next year sometime. exciting. been waiting for this for-ever. now can do proper long hauls from HNL. the little things thrown our way on xbox for Hawaii go a long way

2 Likes

I think it’s more like the first two, if that. Did they ever start the 787 deliveries back up? Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it slid to 2024.

Yeah, 787 deliveries just started up again in the last month or so. It could push back the time frame for Hawaiian Airlines’ deliveries for sure.

1 Like

This is “IRL” news - HAL just announced the first half of twenty A330 Freighters to arrive in 2023 for service with Amazon Prime between Cincinnati, Ontario (CA?), and Honolulu! Option is up to 55…which just sounds ridiculous.

Yay! Now I can get an Amazon Prime livery to fly around in too :smiley:

1 Like

That would definitely be Ontario airport (KONT) in the San Fernando Valley. Big cargo hub, and I think Amazon has a substantial presence there.

1 Like

Would these be HAL liveries or Prime Air colors (white/gray/blue) but operated by Hawaiian?