Aloha , any recommended addons for Hawaii ? Mahalo

That’s what the end result of anything I tried to create would probably look like :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL I knew I liked both of you. :smiley:

If I can ever get TWO stars to line up I do want to try a crack at some airplanes… I don’t need all my stars to align, just two, please?

EnjoyItFly recently uploaded a scenery enhancement for Hilo on the Big Island to flightsim.to.
Hilo - HI - USA » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

Hey gang, I updated my spreadsheet to help me plan my trips in and around Hawai’i. The Google doc lists airports in and around Hawai’i and within 1500nm of PHNL. If you find something missing or incorrect, please let me know! (Right now it’s just for fixed-wing assets)

I updated it with the distance from PHNL and another column to give the rough flight time in a Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander. I may add a column for an MD-88 just for you jet folks. :wink:

The sheet contains things like: does the airport have lights? What’s the runway made out of? What’s the longest runway?

5 Likes

Looks like we just got a PHNL!

I’ve got it loaded for my first flight and so far it looks good! Even has the new HAL terminal, the old and new ATC towers.

I didn’t taxi around the airport, but from where I left things looked really good. Thumbs up for this one!

(edit) Looks like it’s a work in progress, but I can’t see any reason NOT to recommend you go grab it!

5 Likes

Wow! I cannot wait to try that out!!

3 Likes

Looks awesome!! Now we just need a GSX Profile for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s a massive improvement. Downloading now …

Oh, yeah. This is such a nice upgrade, if for this if nothing else: 8L no longer looks like it was painted by a drunk or during an earthquake.

7 Likes

Now to hope it’s available for Xbox at some point.

1 Like

Pc fat better than x box for addons

• *far * :wink:

:rofl: — I think they mean you need a fat lot of storage for it all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Juat spotted this from Seafront (Hawaii gets some airtime).

One of my fave addons for Hawaii.

2 Likes

If this hasn’t already been shared:

Make sure you read the instructions on that page! Many people already use “We Love VFR” and if you do, it will conflict with things in this package if you don’t.

Here’s another unofficial add-on that greatly enhances the Hawaii/Polynesian vibe.

1 Like

Love it! Here’s one for folks that don’t use Spotify:

https://music.amazon.com/playlists/B09HWPLKX2?ref=dm_sh_7bca-f4bf-8609-7e31-24d61

(edit) “Ka Na’i Aupuni” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole is a great tune. Hell, anything from Iz is great! :slight_smile:

Okay, PHNL has gone from showing the worst of what can happen with autogen airports to a pretty darn nice area, thanks to a trio of free add-ons:

Key to the awesomeness is LimaJuliet’s PHNL, as @Latka pointed out uptopic:

But then @FREAKYD777 updated his previous PHNL scenery (which was the previous savior of the area) to integrate with LimaJuliet’s. So be sure to grab his 3.0 version, which enhances LimaJuliet’s and populates the Hickam side of the airfield.

Finally, Marionettework has created a set of ground textures that complete the package and make everything around PHNL look great from the air on approach as well.

I finally removed the SteveLi Honolulu photogrammetry, as it interferes with the add-on airport, even if you surgically remove a bunch of the files to get rid of the static aircraft and photogrammetry airport buildings here and up at Kaneohe. I’ve mentioned the add-on airports to the author and I’m hoping he’ll revise the photogrammetry to remove all of the airports. (Even the ones that don’t have add-ons.) Having messed with photogrammetry myself I have a ton of respect for the effort he put into the package, but the airports with too many unrepresentative static aircraft and photogrammetry – and interference with other add-ons – unfortunately ruin it for a lot of folks. I’m hoping he’ll at least create an optional version with the airport areas excluded. In the meantime, I’ll just load the photogrammetry if we’re doing helicopter tours of Oahu. :slight_smile:

Since I disabled the Honolulu photogrammetry, I finally picked up the Seafront Vessels The Hawaiian Islands to make the Pearl Harbor area look a lot better. The landable decks they just added clinched it. Gonna have to work on my helicopter landing skills, which are horribad right now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the shout out on my PHNL scenery

4 Likes

Stop the presses! :slight_smile: Thank you to Cpt. Flipper Cow for letting me know about the project, and @Editer for letting me know it went live!

We now have a Hawaiian Airlines DC-3 livery, thanks to Chase over at flightsim.to!

(Send 'em a coffee or two or five here: Buy me a coffee)

(the starboard wing has some artifacts on it; Chase is already aware and will be fixing the package as soon as possible)

3 Likes

thank you!..i did a search “hawaii” at this site and this wasnt one of the results…i wonder how many other hawaii airports im not finding under hawaii…if you didnt post this i would never have known

3 Likes

As noted, there is some developer overlap at a few Hawaiian airports. However I have found that both Northern Sky (a Ukranian developer, I think) and South Oak (an extremely responsive developer) are great. Subjectively, I have to say they’re equal. When I fly in my solely prop driven aircraft in Hawaii for example - I love Dillingham by South Oak and Molokai/Kalaupapa by Northern Sky.

But frankly, I don’t think you can go wrong with either of these 2 developers in Hawaii or elsewhere.

3 Likes