Aloha , any recommended addons for Hawaii ? Mahalo

Oh man. It’s frustrating when you can’t duplicate issues. :\ (I work in IT on a service desk…lol run into it ALL the time)

I have it on my list to check out after work (0200Z) today.

1 Like

Hey gang, had about 20 min after work yesterday to check out how the Taburet Hawaii 10m DEM was working on Moloka’i. Luckily it only took me 13m 33s :wink: I came pretty dang close to lawn-darting near the Kapalua airport. :rofl: I didn’t see any anomalies though. Please let me know if you do!

• oh - clicking noise. Sorry I gotta figure out what’s battling, because it’s annoying.
  • I couldn’t get my gear down because I forgot to switch my controller profile in sim. I’m switching to SPAD.neXt, and I just need to set my stuff up there.

1 Like

Not a one to be found. I think I had a server error. I can’t reproduce it. Awesome vid, thanks again!

1 Like

I D/L and installed the NSS PHOG update and tried it out this past weekend. Unfortunately I’m still having the the CTD issues. I tried it on the weekend with default everything, plane, weather, traffic etc and it will CTD every time, its just a matter of when. For example if I started my flight in PHOG and taxi around long enough it will CTD. It’s not immediate, and I have to taxi for several minutes, but it crashes every time. Then I did another fight from Hana to PHOG with a touch and go it was Ok, but when I circled around for anther touch and go it CTD. Then another test I started up in PHOG and taxied straight to the runway and took off fine, then circled around for a touch and go and CTD as I touched down. I’ve uninstalled it now in frustration. It looks like there is a new patch released today from Microsoft from the last update, but no idea if that will make any difference.

As far as I know, we’re still waiting on the latest version of PHOG to hit the Marketplace. I just checked and it’s v1.2.0. (that’s also the version I have).

Not sure if the patch to SU9 will help. I will check with Oleh this evening if I see him online.

Same here. PHOG CRTs to desktop right before I land on the runway or if I do land pretty much as soon as I get on the taxiway. Oh well. But the sim is in such a sad way at this point since 9 updated. I’ve got the latest quick fix update also and the updated PHOG. Uninstalling PHOG till MS gets it’s act together.

I do know that when I turned on my Xbox last Friday there was one update for my MSFS add-ons and it was for NSS PHOG, unfortunately I didn’t pay attention to the version number and now uninstalled it so I can fly there with the default airport still.

I didn’t realize until now re-reading some of the posts here (to make sure I’m up to date with the conversation) that NSS Studios is affected by the war. As such my post above comes across as cold and selfish, and that I certainly apologize for. I will wait patiently until such time as the bugs can get sorted out, as it’s easy to re-install again. I’m in no way blaming NSS as I know it could be a MSFS thing.

Another thing I realized was that I also have a couple other NSS airports in Hawaii that look great and function very well so I’m happy to know I am supporting this company in a small way.

1 Like

Just chatted with Oleh, and he says that PHOG v1.2.0 is the latest.

For the folks that are having issues, what sorts of addons are you running? You’re both Xbox users if I recall correctly. Let’s see what you’re running (mods) and see if we can figure out any commonality.

Is there a way to clear any cache on the Xbox? (I’m at my PC at the moment) If there is, we definitely want to have you both try that.

Thanks for the info Latka. For add-on I just have a few airports and a few airplanes. I would not think an add-on airport lets say in Vancouver or even Port Allen on Kauai should affect PHOG, and all my testing at PHOG was done with default MSFS aircraft.

I’m not very computer savy, but I do know you can clear the cashe on the Xbox. Many months ago and several updates ago I had some graphic stuttering problems so I did a little reading up on it. The whole cashe thing came up and some say increase, some say decrease, and some said turn it off. Anyway I do believe I turned mine off and the stutters went away(like magic) so I have not touched it since as it was working great. Despite all the people having various problems on Xbox, I have none of them, including all the CTD’s that have plagued many people lately.

Latka, is having my cashe turned off do the same as clearing it? Or should I turn it back on, and then clear it? I think I prefer to leave it off though after though as it made a big difference in getting rid of the stutters. That was like 6 months ago now so who knows what the best configuration should be with the cashe.

When it comes to things that can affect the NSS PHOG, I think one of the issues that crops up is where the GUIDs are conflicting. Every “thing” in the sim is an object, and has an ID. They’re supposed to be unique, and if they’re not we get stuff like the pink textures. Is there any way to disable an addon on the Xbox other than removing it? (I can check with my Xbox as well, but it might be this weekend before I get to turn it on.)

If the cache is off on your Xbox, I wouldn’t mess with it for now. It’s just a way for the sim to have stuff ready to go that you load all the time - pulling it from the local storage drive is way faster than getting it from the Internet. As for clearing vs off, no. Different. I’d just leave it off if that’s what it is set to now.

I’m sorry NSS’ PHOG is not working properly for you. We’ll get this figured out - might take a little while, but we’ll get it! :+1:

1 Like

Hey gang,

Flying yesterday from PHKO - PHMU - PHNG, I saw some terrain anomalies near Moloka’i.

In the photo above, I’m right above PHNY, having just turned to PHMK as my next waypoint. I didn’t get a chance to fly over Kalaupapa (which is sorta where the terrain spikes are). I did email Ray Taburet, and he said he could look into it this weekend. I was going to try a little more testing here in a bit.

(edit) Raise your hand if you forgot to update your mods… :man_facepalming: Ray checked it out and then asked, “Are you running version…” I’m pretty sure I goofed up on my side.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop a quick note.

PMDG’s 737s - there’s a couple of Aloha liveries!

Here’s one for the 737-700 that they used to fly from Hawai’i to the West Coast.

This one is a Aloha Air Cargo livery. This one is fictional though, as Aloha Air Cargo flies 737-300 and -400 models.

While we’re doing fictional liveries…
This one is for Fly the MadDog (MD-8x). Fictional livery for Hawaiian Airlines. This is what they use on their 717-200s.

This one harkens back to the DC-9 days! Love it. Also for the MadDog.

2 Likes

Wow, wow, wow!
Here’s where I ask the dumb (or just naive?) question - will this be available for this of us on Xbox?

These really bring back some great memories.

Nah, it’s not a dumb question!

I think that it benefits any developer that can bring their product to XBox. We’ve seen the numbers of people “in the air” go way up since the console launched. It makes me SO happy to see gamertags all over the sky here in Hawai’i when I fly.

More people = more fun!

2 Likes

Just an FYI… the Taburet Hawaii DEM is free on Simmarket if you’ve previously purchased specific Taburet add-ons from them. Can’t beat the price…

2 Likes

I haven’t been flying much at all in some time. Thought I would go back and try to figure out my texture problem with Molokai. I did figure it out. I have both Northern Sky Studios Molokai, and SouthOakco PHLU. I remember finding PHLU and saying, why isn’t this installed. Yeah, I remember why now, its a double!! LOLOLOLOL!!! Now only using NSS version derp. With 1400 Addons running it can be a challenge.

2 Likes

I got mine free originally. Ray is the man, apparently, only his Mesh’s are working. Even Orbx broken.

1 Like

Oh wow. Yeah, I am so thankful I decided to try MSFS Addons Linker. I don’t have too many profiles yet for it, but at least for scenery I have one for where I fly mostly (Hawai’i).

1 Like

I do use the addon linker. you’d be surprised but I load the whole whopping mess in. I do get longer loading times, but love having it all at my fingertips when I do load in… I find it easier to plan a flight once I’m looking at the MSFS world map, and current live weather conditions. There are a few exceptions. I don’t load in the WTG3000 and G3X at the same time, and use the PMSGTN750 so have WTg1000NXi uninstalled and never use

EDIT: I have had a few conflicts here and there, and it does take some serious time to route them out.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you, although I’m usually only running 700 or so at a time. (Out of about 3,900 sitting on my drives.) I spend as much time organizing, updating, and troubleshooting mods as I do actually flying. (It’s like a separate, really annoying game unto itself…) Addons Linker is absolutely indispensable for me. I have the scenery items broken up by country (or group of countries), and the US by region. (Hawaii is its own folder, of course!)

There really should be a forum for mod troubleshooting, so we all can compare notes…

3 Likes