Alouette III Helicopter released

The issues with this add-on (e.g. torque) are small and highly likely to be fixed quickly. It’s really a nice product - fun to fly, looks great, and apparently fab in VR (I haven’t done a VR flight in a long time, so I can’t testify to that). I just wish the winch cable wasn’t fixed so we could swing the poor guy on the end around like a wrecking ball… :smile:

1 Like

Nice video about Alouettes used in rescue operations in the Alps, makes me want to fly there soon in this thing.

2 Likes

Only had one flight so far but really enjoyed it. I knew about the torque pedal issue but also that he immediately acknowledged it & is fixing it. To be honest though it made a nice change having the pedals far too unsensitive as opposed to too sensitive like with a couple other heli’s. I’d honestly be happy if he just cut the pedal value in half from what it currently is. Would probably be the perfect middle ground.

I haven’t examined the aircraft in the smallest of detail but textures looked pretty great to me & the flight model felt very good, only real world Alouette pilots will know how accurate it is though.

A decent amount of selectable functions & liveries. The sounds are superb. Animations seem great, though the rotor animations could be a little better but it’s the same for all heli’s until Asobo improves things.

I might be wrong but i think it’s the first MSFS heli to have gear suspension & it’s modelled really well. It’s nice to feel/see the heli lift or drop on the suspension when adding or decreasing power. I also love how the aircraft rattles & shakes, makes it much more immersive.

I’m sure others will have maybe noticed other issues aside from the torque pedals but my only other slight annoyance is the cockpit camera position. Though i believe that has also been acknowledged by the dev.

Overall i think he’s done a brilliant job, he also immediately communicated with the community about improvements he’s working on. I know he’s working on a Lama, Huey & Dolphin next & if they are up to this standard then he’ll be the helicopter developer to beat.

4 Likes

The update is now available:

• Fixed : More anti-torque pedal responsiveness on take off and landing, as well and more yaw authority in flight
  • Fixed : Floatation Pods are not clipping through the open doors anymore

• Fixed : Different liveries received an overhaul

• Added : 2 new liveries - German Polizei - Dutch SAR

• Added : New normal map for rivets

• More minor visual improvements

5 Likes

I’m curious, since this helicopter was used for rescue operations in the Alps, why does it list 10,500 ft as max altitude?
When I google, it says this helicopter could go up to 15,780 ft which seems better for mountain rescue ops.

Love the improved anti-torque pedal authority. You still need a healthy load of right pedal in a hover, but it’s more manageable now.

Really a wonderful vintage helicopter! Looking forward to exploring some German photogrammetry cities with the new Polizei livery :grin:

1 Like

Really pleasant to fly.

3 Likes

With english cockpit…

Coming soon to FS2

1 Like

Very nice and flying great, congrats to developer team!

I only fly in VR and only note is that - on my pc - it just is much more “fps thirsty” than other hely’s I use (Cowan H125, M500D, B206…) as well as planes too. Does anyone else noticed this or it’s maybe just my pc + settings?

Thanks

For me I am getting the same performance as Cowan helos if not maybe a little better. Closer to the Mini 500 which seems to have the best frames for me.

1 Like

Interesting to know since in my case, Alouette III and Mini 500 are the 2 with less perfs compared to Cowan hely’s (in VR). That’s opposite than your case.

Anyway, I really like Alouette III!

I can’t figure out how to get the update. Please help.

I went to my hanger and looked at the Alouette I bought. It says version 0.1.0
I looked on flightsim.to and it states the update has been released, but there’s no link.

Do I have to just download the entire package again and hope my license will be recognized when I install it?

In your flightsim.to account there is a link „My purchases“. There you find a link to the Alouette and can download the new version. Delete the old version from your community folder before unzipping the new version there. I don’t remember any license mechanism being used for the Alouette on flightsim.to, so nothing to worry about.

1 Like

In the Cowansim H125 which I fly, I have found the rotor wash effect to eat up FPS, to the point that it stutters heavily in VR. Fortunately Cowansim has made a button to turn it off. So for the Alouette, this might be the same case, but it just does not have any option to turn the rotor wash off.

1 Like

will it be coming to Xbox?

1 Like

The dev told me he was submitting it to the Marketplace so I think it will be for Xbox.
I use PC but buy from the Marketplace so waiting waiting…

1 Like

Yes sure, I know the rotor downwash FX effect disable button on MD500 and H125 by Cowan and - yes - it would be nice to have something simlar in this Alouette III.

Anyway, in that case and even without disabling rotor FX effect, as soon as high enough from the ground fps in VR would come back to some kind of normality.

With Alouette III instead - in my personal case of course - fps gets pretty bad even while in the air. And again, I’ve all Cowan hely’s, Mini 500 and many other fixed wing addon but no one looks so fps-thirsty like this very nice hely!

Let’s see if with next updates something will get better even on this aspect.

Apart of this, this Alouette III is really a very nice hely addon for the sim!

Thanks. That worked. I was missing the ‘My Purchases’ step.

1 Like