Alouette III Helicopter released

Just bought it! Flown a few times and really I like it!
Old school Copter…and the flight model just seems right, it feels authentic.(not that I would know how a real one feels to fly)
Its what stable not so squirrely as others in the game.

4 Likes

Where is it available?

Nevermind, found it. Completely unflyable - it lacks Indian military accessories

images (9)
56164c5801c823c74fd570fabf12de461a346017-512x384
images (10)

10 Likes

Unflyable? Flew with it from Aoste over the Matterhorn to Zermatt. Heli’s are a challenge especially in hovering mode and low speed but idon’t evaluate this bird as unflyable. This forum is full of people giving negative reviews about flying when in real live they can even not startup and taxing properly before leaving the ground. Give the developers some credits and respect.

3 Likes

Mate, I think his pulling your leg…look at his pictures carefully

4 Likes

You missed the joke completely , buddy

2 Likes

I do hope for some more serious reviews here :smiley: It certainly looks nice and from the FSTO reviews, it appears to be decent quality. The developer also has some YouTube clips regarding sound, and to me it even sounds decent.

Still, 28 euros…

I’m surprised it took this long for somebody to start a thread on it, because it’s really a pretty impressive initial release. The package has wheels, floats and skis variants; multiple accessories can be toggled in the cockpit like winch, mirror, glareshield, lights etc.; comes with 20 liveries; exterior model looks fantastic; cockpit is very nice, although it does have some low resolution textures in areas that you don’t typically look, but, well, just don’t look in those directions!

I haven’t flown any of the other helicopters enough to compare the flight model against them, but it seems reasonably intuitive and challenging. Definitely can sense VRS coming on and also transitional lift.

There are a few issues that he’s working on, including the anti-torque pedals not being strong enough, as well as the slip indicator not functioning. He’s a one man show but sounds like he’s very motivated to build a whole product line, and definitely wants to impress on this initial one.

5 Likes

I picked it up and flew for an hour in VR. Seems like a nice addition to my helicopter collection.

2 Likes

Here would be me german review video for it. I like that one, its cult.

Cheers
JayDee

3 Likes
2 Likes

My favorite helicopter IRL. I think I might make this my first in MSFS.
(Dang it, then I’ll need to buy a cyclic. Do we ever get to the bottom of this money pit? :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

sadly…no - and I have been trying for almost 40 years

4 Likes

Nice demo, just only noticed a small issue on directional gyro with SkyDolly

3 Likes

From http://helico11.free.fr

1 Like
2 Likes

Bought it after seeing JayDee’s and cgaviator’s videos. Just completed my first flight, and a love it! Yes, it needs loads of right pedal in a hover, Taog already wrote he will look into it. But this thing looks and sounds (!!!) amazing, and already flies quite nicely. Lots of options as well. Absolutely worth the money!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Excellent add on :+1:. Really enjoyable machine :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I was on the fence about this one, since I am unfamiliar with this type in real life.
However, being the predecessor to the Aerospatiale line of helis, and having the desire to support the developer, I purchased it from Flightsim.to and I was not disappointed.

It’s a great addon with lots of features. definitely worth the price of about $26.49 US after VAT.

4 Likes