Am I the only one?

Every update and World update i’ve counted down the days, refreshed Microsoft Store to see if its there. I updated yesterday and don’t feel like even bothering to launch it. I’ve been hit with bug after bug and am starting to feel the “what’s the point” perspective. I am far from new to sims, ithis isn’t the growing pains I remember with earlier editions of MSFS, and this isn’t a case of ETS got an update so Promods and Naturalux are a no go till updated. It’s a case of do I double click or pull the pin and throw. Maybe I just need a break to regain my original fervor

5 Likes

WU4 is working great for me. I recognize the potential for problems, though! Although I have been lucky so far with the updates working well in general (despite performance hiccups with the new versions). With this one, I am immediately getting very smooth frames and no problems (empty community folder). Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! That’s quite refreshing to hear. Possibly I should’ve just launched instead of reading into the forums for a day

Yeah, I stated that in another thread as well. I feel the same. This time they broke the WASM module, so I cannot use my periphery anymore. The improvements are snail paced. From my perspectice (your mileage may vary) essential parts of the sim have been left broken since the release. And every update I dread the “What have they gone and broken now” more than what is new and exiting. A neverending train wreck. I am tired of tinkering and finding workarounds. :frowning:

I spend more time trying to fix problems than actual flying.

4 Likes

I think you just nailed it.

2 Likes

Yes, go for it! Not like we have the choice to not update, anyways. lol Actually I am thrilled… just flew around Seattle, very smooth, and the photogrammetry has been vastly improved. ( I don’t have the Drez Seattle add on installed) No melted trees… higher resolution than I recall…Just remember to empty your community folder before updating the sim. Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that it is working out okay for you. Everybody should have that amount of enjoyment out of the sim :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, never do that. Only the peoples with problems (mostly induced by themself) are posting here. Most of us are just enjoying the sim and flying around. :slight_smile:

Idk, i never had a problem with any update and im here since alpha
Sim is smooth and very stable, no ctds or anything.
There is performance optimisation that can be done in the near future.

2 Likes

Odd thing is, when I had the 10fps stutter bug, I flew anywhere not hit by the bug. Think I’m having a MidSim Crisis

2 Likes

That’s been my experience in a nutshell since WU3. Every subsequent patch has somehow deteriorated my experience. If it’s not performance (which is the majority of my issues), it’s something else that breaks and makes the sim a pain in the ■■■ to use.

That’s where I am right now. This is no longer enjoyable. I can’t use my cockpit I’ve invested a considerable amount of money into due to the WASM module bug. And my performance has once again deteriorated. So even without my cockpit, playing a slide show is not enjoyable.

If it was an issue on my end (old, slow hardware), that would be a different issue. But seeing as how I used to get over 40 fps before WU3 and can barely break 20 fps now, this isn’t a “me” issue. It’s a sim issue.

Anyway, I’ve shelved the sim until they can get their ■■■■ together. Right now, it’s not enjoyable, and it seems like they’re more concerned with eye candy and XBOX to be ■■■■■ with fixing long-standing bugs that prevent people from using the software.

1 Like

Until now, since yesterday patch and after around 10 hours doing different flights in different places with different aircraft, no bugs, errors or performance issues on my side. Countries that were upgraded are beautiful. I have a lot of things in my Community folder, including the fantastic A320NX. Also the addons from Marketplace that I have are running perfectly.
My HW config is I9-10900K, 32GB RAM, GPU3080, no overclock, settings in general as Ultra except Clouds (High)

1 Like

Since the last update, nearly every community contend is broken and it ends in a CTD
Nice work :confused:

I’ve seen your pics too Crunchmeister71 and you have quite the set-up. BTW Roman Designs just released CYOW… normally it would already be downloading

I would be downloading it as well if I was able to play it. I’ve been looking forward to his next work with great anticipation. Looks like he’s going to have to wait a while to get my money.

1 Like

■■■■ dood, I did get lucky and got flying again with the last patch. That 10fps stutterfest bug almost had me unglued

Sadly that hid me hard as well. It has been a one heck of a ride this sim. Plagued by not working weather on the second flight, the 10° increment bug, the turboprop problems and then the stutter. Everytime I have the time to sit down and play something else is chafing. Maybe they are little things to some, to me they are so detrimental that it is taking the joy out.

Then again I cannot find me installing XPlane or P3d anymore ever since I tasted the visuals of the sim. So there are things quite right with it as well. I guess I am just hard to please :man_shrugging:

The forum does sometimes give a dread, fear of imminent doom, malaise and generates an almost unique sense of jeopardy, but in all fairness, so do many, many others and is related to the users level of enthusiasm for the subject, so turn it all on its head and you get something positive out of it all.

My day started with a sense of foreboding after reading the newly emerging Kaspersky thread and I was worried that I was maybe up the creek without a paddle. I fiddled and faffed for a bit before committing to the update, but did so and went off to mow the lawn, which turns out to take around 22GB of time and got back into the office just as it was finishing. I couldn’t believe it…

Smoother, faster and the centre of Paris looks super. It was like a dogfight over there. I saw two airliners tentpole into the ground and have seen less traffic on the Arc de Triomphe. I am amazed that so many users had been successful and had managed to avoid each other.

Upshot? Don’t let it get to you, but don’t ever give up hope, with the sim or indeed anything else.

1 Like

Sorry to hear some of you guys have problems again (or still).

I did all the various updated last nite and I can report that for me everything works, all controllers are OK, and I have the feeling the sim runs smoother than before (Asobo said they did a number of performance tweeks).

All in all - speaking strictly for me - this sim is an incredible piece of software! Just stop for a second and think about what we are getting for less than 100 bucks: the whole world in incredible detail, many planes, breathtaking weather, and on top constant updates and improvements.

So, for my part, no complaints. I very much enjoy this sim and I‘m looking forward to the things to come in the next weeks, months and years…

2 Likes

My weather only started working normally when I did the disable fullscreen optimizations trick.

1 Like