AMD fsr 2.0

Hi just wondered if anyone could help please, i’m trying to use fsr 2.0 on my rx5700xt 8GB and every time I enable it my frame rate drops to 10- 15 fps (normally lock at 30fps) and my GPU usage is exceeding its limit above 8gb more around 9+ gb thanks.

What are your graphic settings? Sadly DX12 is needed to enable FSR and DX12 is gonna exceed your VRAM if you don’t have enough.

My graphic settings are a mixture between high and medium with a couple of settings on ultra, probably pushing my card over it limit as I have a 4k screen and set the resolution to 4k with render scale at 85.

There’s a bug thread about this issue, though only me and one other seemed to have the problem at the time. I found info that suggests it could be a limitation of FSR, but at the same time it’s my understanding that FSR 2.0 is supposed to decrease VRAM usage, not increase it. So who knows.

That’s what I taught as FSR runs the game at lower resolution but DX12 is telling exceeding 8gb VRAM.

I keep my settings low enough that I’m not normally exceeding my physical VRAM, usually around 5.5-6 GB, even on DX12. That’s why it’s so baffling to see FSR 2.0 calling for an extra 2+ GB (plus the side issue of reporting less physical VRAM I mentioned in the bug report).

Why would you reduce your render scale as FSR2 is already doing that? The Quality/Balanced/Performance setting will determine how much your rendering will decrease.

Also, make sure all of your Adrenalin driver settings are at their defaults.