LittleNavmap

SimMode:

GameMode not in developerMode

Expected behaviour:

Update should not lead to GPU-Timeouts

On approach, about 30-40 minutes into flight -> crash
GPU Error Message: the driver no longer responds and has been restored
Sim Error Message:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6027b4a3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: VCRUNTIME140.dll, Version: 14.28.29231.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f4c66c9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000012de
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x32d8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d706c651317c1c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Berichtskennung: 5569c413-b352-4cb6-ad41-d8f5df6a2198
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

Remarks:
There are several reportings of driver timeout with AMD GPUs on the forum. I’m not sure if AMD is to blame because I have these crashes since the last worldupdate.
But:
The windows eventprotocol shows at 15:31:09 that the driver no longer responds. One second later, at 15:31:10, the sim crashes. One could say the GPU driver crashes first so the driver has to be the culprit. I’m not sure if it’s so easy? This is the first time I stopped flying this wonderful sim because of the frequent crashes. It’s no longer fun.

Update 1

• another attempt to solve the problem
  • installed new driver version 21.2.2
  • installed driver only without Adrenalin software
  • result: another crash while on ILS final (windows system crash this time, not a CTD). Had to reboot windows

Update 2

• disabled rolling cache
  • 8 consecutive flights without a crash

rollback to November driver release

1 Like

I would say that was your issue as well.
MSFS can’t run witout a GPU!

I am also getting the same crashes with a 6900XT.

There seems to be a lot of CTD’s after the update.
This link may offer some help.

2 Likes

Hi TheSevenflyer,

Thanks for your help, it sounds strange, but since disabling the rolling cache I had 8 flights in a row without a crash. This sim puzzles me a bit. :thinking:

You aren’t alone there.
I don’t think anyone has figured it out yet.
By the look of it, even ASOBO is puzzled by this sim!

Been having relentless crashes with a 6800XT using several different drivers, currently 21.2.3 and these usually happened around 15 minutes into a flight, but I disabled multiplayer and AI traffic and it just ran for an hour with no problems.

Checked the event viewer for any warnings that didn’t lead to errors but there were none which would suggest it is running smoothly, obviously I’ll need to test it a bit more but might be of interest to other 6000 series users who’ve had no luck with other fixes so far.

1 Like

Did you try to see if you could narrow it down to AI or multiplayer?

Turns out disabling traffic has not fixed the issues. Stand down.

1 Like

I also experienced several CTD recently with my 6900XT!!!

About the only advice I can give you is stay away from longer flights, they seem to be more prone to cause a CTD.
Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date, and all your Windows updates are current.
If you’ve done all that, there doesn’t seem to be too much more that can be done for now.

Yep, all updated already, we can just wait for either a good driver update or SW update. I anyway sent the “ticket” to both companies…

1 Like

Even after the Sim Update I am still experiencing CTD with my 6900XT. I guess AMD shall do something urgently on drivers…

Crash to desktop on flight launch (when I press fly now) on every single flight since the latest update, regardless of aircraft or location. No problems with any other game. This is driving me nuts.

Running a 6800xt.

I know this post is old but I didn’t want to create a new topic with the same issues. I have 5950x with 6900xt does anyone have a remedy for this yet or at least know which driver is stable with Flight Sim? I always get into flight but around the 3 hr mark, i get the Driver timed out error.

I don’t think anybody truly knows. There is no one solution to this. It happens to the base game, modded game, Steam, Game Pass, new systems, old systems, Nvidia, AMD. On and on… dozens of variables.

Check in your Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application section if your crash is related to the VCRUNTIME exception - like many of us.