Announced: Gaya Simulations Corfu LGKR (FS2020 & 2024)

Perhaps the most important take from this is that Gaya are back! No timeframe but it appears to be in quite an advanced state. I hear they’re also working on a major LOWW update for FS2024.

I must admit to being slightly disappointed that they’re pouring their resources into an airport we already have a good version of. The WIP images look superb but I’d rather they create an airport we don’t yet have a decent rendition of.

3 Likes

You’ve just made my day. With the LOWW update only though. I have FlyTampa Corfu and I’m happy with it as it models the whole island which I know from RL. A strange decision from Gaya here.

1 Like

June release announced!

3 Likes

Trailer just dropped so they seem to be on target for their June release. Looks amazing.

7 Likes

I might reconsider my stance about not buying this because I already own FlyTampa’s version. It looks almost like nothing else to this moment…

2 Likes

Yeah, gonna be hard to say no, I think. Plus we’ve had our use out of FT’s.

2 Likes

I’ve just found this info on their Discord:

The airport will be available for purchase on 30 June at 18:00 UTC.

2 Likes

No way I could resist after seeing the trailer.:laughing: The airport looks absolutely fabulous.

It feels like half of all the airports I’m buying at the moment are Greek.:grin:

2 Likes

Lol, the same here. But I’m not complaining, it’s a beautiful location to fly in. And now only WU Greece is what’s missing…

3 Likes

It’s now up on Aerosoft’s site, priced at €16.79 (although not available to purchase until tomorrow evening, obviously).

1 Like

Very fair price based on the trailer!

1 Like

Does anyone know how it compares to FlyTampa? I guess this one blows FlyTampa out of the water. But FlyTampa did some work on the whole island.

I’ll let you know later as I’ll have both.

I haven’t explored every nook and cranny of the airport yet, but even at this stage I can say that, for me, this airport is probably the scenery highlight of the year so far (together with Stuttgart). The level of detail is incredible; there are numerous animations, moving airport vehicles and even ambient sounds. Gaya really pushes the boundaries of what’s currently possible in MSFS 2024.

8 Likes

Asked Gaya on Facebook Messenger and they’ll be adding in some static people to the terminal interior in a update.

2 Likes

Just updated to v1.0.3. Chanegelog:

• AN-2 static aircraft
• New radar stations on the island’s mountains
• Fixes and improvements based on community feedback
• Additional refinements across the scenery

Did it ever get the promised people inside the terminal?

2 Likes

Last update, they added a few people in the terminal and restaurant, but not many. They also added a lot of derelict luggage inside the terminal. :roll_eyes: I haven’t tried the new update yet.

2 Likes

I wonder why this airport has such a low rating on Marketplace. I love it.

2 Likes

I was wondering this, and that is why I still haven’t bought it yet. I have the FlyTampa version, which covers the whole island as opposed to just the airport from GAYA. I’m also on Xbox so performance matters even though the FlyTampa offering isn’t exactly the best.

The reason is actually very simple. At launch, we had an issue affecting the Xbox console version only, which caused the sim to crash. It was identified and fixed very quickly, and everything has been stable since.

Performance has been excellent from the very first version, and we’re extremely proud of the product. You can also see that reflected in the ratings across the different stores.

3 Likes