(Announcement) A350 for FS2020!

I’m sorely sorry to whatever resource you came upon leading you to think an A350’s core computer systems are glorified G3000’s - simulated or not - there’s a reason why there’s never been (nor, in my opinion will ever see) a study-level A350. There are a host of separate systems, within systems, within systems and within more systems in the primary A350 flight computer. Then there’s auxiliary systems, each with backups. These all have to be simulated. To give a minute example.

8 Likes

…and all that can be done in a single script, as opposed to a 737 which would best-practice be programmed with multiple scripts for every air-gapped system on it.

is it also possible to sell this in MSFS own marketplace?

MSFS does not support freeware in the Marketplace yet (though I know they’re looking into it on the dev snapshot; another one of their backlog items)

Awesome news! The only request I would ask for is the ability to insert coordinate based waypoints, as currently this is really hit or miss with the 787, even when using Navigraph data. Looking forward to it!

but this one will be a payware right?

This one? Yes. My bad, I was thinking of another addon. If MS approves it, it will be in the Marketplace.

It says in the post that it is… I hope it stays that way.

1 Like

I’m very, very excited and really looking forward to it. Have you decided already on whether it will be the A350-900 or the A350-1000 variant?

Frankly, if any developer can “truly” develop an airliner as complex as A350 to study level, I would virtually wish to fall on their feet. It is highly needed. Until now, I am waiting for any developer who can model such an airliner to a “true study level”. This is an aircraft which even the big players haven’t touched yet.

And as @Angernerve said, unfortunately I too believe in this:

And btw, when other big developers are struggling to bring out their aircraft even by the next year due to incomplete SDK, how is such an complex aircraft progressing?? :thinking:

No negatives, I do wish the team goodluck & genuinely appreciate the team’s hard work and also wish for your project’s success. I would be more than happy if my above theory is proved wrong.

3 Likes

Let’s hope it’s true.

do we know more or less when it’s gonna be released?

1 Like

I remember an Aerosoft statement, that no serious A350 will be published by a commercial 3rd party dev.
Seeing this as freeware is overwhelming.

The A350 will definitely fill a gap.

Edit:
I hope we receive regular dev. updates to see whats happening.
I am very curious.

This is payware

Okay, sorry, thought they were partnering with Flybywire

They are partners with FBW, but they are payware.

Is there any progress since the last update on your website in november?
So yes I know it’s a lot of work to simulate such a complex aircraft like the A350…

2 Likes

Hi Noga

great news but a question to you.

On the thread above it indicates Airbus and an Airline have provided documentation

Can you confirm that Airbus directly have provided you with systems documentation?

1 Like

hi !
i’m no longer in the team as i realized i didn’t have enough time to focus on both the a220 and 350.

Calm before the Storm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: - check out our Discord to stay in the loop with #project350.

Samuel Valášek - sim4flight Media Team

8 Likes