[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Exactly this, maybe some flowback on the wing slightly passed the leading edges but definitely not on side of fuselage, tail, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information! :+1: :+1: :+1:
So, If we put ice only on a front nose part, wings/stabilizer edge is this correct? How about Windshield?

Ice Formation on Aircraft 1961 US Navy Pilot Training Film

3 Likes

look at the 1 minute mark for windshield icing

4 Likes

Thank you for the video! :+1:
We still testing possible Windshield icing animation.

5 Likes

Does the SDK allow for where the icing appears? Can the icing be “masked” off in areas you would nort want it to appear? I don’t think I’ve seen a single other plane where icing on side windows does not occur, and in fact appears at the same rate as leading edge surfaces, and the wind screen.

1 Like

Yes it possible to put ICE at any place you want and even control when and where ICE will appear first. But we are not able to put a good ICE effect on a windshield yet.

1 Like

guys, how about speed limitation for ice? porter is not very fast bird, and that’s may be off topic, but i heard ice wouldn’t create ever if ac go fast enough, is it possible to modelling?(speed depending of icing)

1 Like

We don’t have any SDK controls over speed and icing.

1 Like

that’s not right :frowning: why?

Probably if airplane has any airspeed this is enough to form an ice and Humidity and Temperature the main factors.

i remember opposite, at high speed ice not appear because can not forming when flight fast enough

1 Like

Watch this video from 6:30 about fast jet.

1 Like

I don’t think the Porter could be classified as “high speed”.

4 Likes

absolutely, that’s why i said it probably off topic, so question about other craft :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ice can form on any aircraft at any speed if the conditions for ice accumulation are there
 other than limiting exposure by going through ice conditions faster (as in “shorter duration”) speed has very little impact

3 Likes

i don’t know, just said what heard in some video, i remember general is was unusual situation, authors say that, because ice was appear at high speed, but as they said, normal situation - ice can not forming at high speed, they talking about 0.4m+ as i remember, not hyper sonic for sure :slight_smile: afaik after some speed 1.5 or 2.5 everything become warm, video was about some big civilian like airbus or boeing accident, and there was ice and that was unusual as they said, because mentioned condition

Does icing have an effect on performance in MSFS or is it only a visual effect?

Hi Hansb57
We didn’t see any effect on performance in MSFS with 1080Ti.

I believe the poster means aircraft performance, not Frame rate performance.

Ice adds weight and drag, ruining airfoil lift. I’m pretty dang sure that’s simulated and isn’t just visual.

2 Likes

Ah!
Yes it will have effect on the airplane performance. You should switch on “ICING EFFECT”: