[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Speed doesn’t matter much, it only affects how much flowback there is passed the leading edges when encountering supercooled droplets. You are not safe from icing at a higher speed. The only thing which does affect icing (not relevant for Porter) is ram rise, when flying faster the Total Air Temperature (TAT) increases due to friction of the air with the aircraft. A really rough formula to calculate the ramrise = (TAS / 100)^2. Still for wings, engine inlets etc. the temperature drops due to venturi effect so usually a TAT between +5C and +10C is used as the upper limit for icing conditions (depending on manufacturer). In other words, even at slightly positive temperatures you can still experience ice accretion at certain parts of the aircraft.

3 Likes

Its non-intuitive, but a sharper leading edge picks-up more ice than a thicker-rounder leading edge. Meaning that the vertical and horizontal stabilizers usually pick-up more ice compared to the wings. Also means that the Porter will likely pick-up less ice with its thick wings compared to a faster aircraft.

6 Likes

This is very interesting! Thank you very much for this information!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

too complicated for me :slight_smile: thank you

1 Like

WIP 04.12.21
ICE v3.0 :grinning: :+1:

12 Likes

Oh yeah, this ice efffect seems to be very close to the real! On the real one the main gear and wheels ice very very Fast! And the Windshield also, and is not easy to defrost!

3 Likes

Thank you very much Nikola!!! Your opinion as a real pilot very important!!! We still working on the Ice effects. Very good to know that we are close to the real ice!!! :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I think you have nailed the ice effects there Alex have a look at photos of aircraft were they have the ice boots they are on the leading edges of the main plane ,fin and stabilizer :+1:

1 Like

Your openness, attential to detail and willingness to accept feedback is exemplary!
For that alone I will buy the plane even if I have no real need for it

6 Likes

Thank you GrueDiademe81!
We hope our PC6 will be a “dreamplane” to the community as well. :grinning: :gift_heart:

7 Likes

It’s already a dream plane !
Can fly it only in our dreams…

5 Likes

Good day!
FSG now has WWISE License and amazing Audiokinetic Team support. We start to make PC-6 Sound Pack. :grinning: :+1: :small_airplane:

Best Regards,
FSG

23 Likes

Great news!!! Congratulations to the team!!! I imagine you have or will have recordings from the real aircraft.

2 Likes

Hi Seweryn! Yes we have the base important sounds like Turboprop, Stall, etc. Whatever sound we have it will go through WWISE digital processing to become in-game dynamic sound controllable by Simvars.

5 Likes

First time checking back on this one in a bit - wondering if there is an updated ETA for release being available for this model?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi gurka101
ETA Q1 2022 :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

WIP 08.12.21
Original PC-6 Warning Sounds (WWISE Sound project) :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

Original PC-6 Switches Sounds Test :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

You probably will need a variety of switch sounds (a few different switches recorded separately) so that all switches do not sound exactly the same.

1 Like

Hi Seweryn! We have dozens switch sounds and we can make another dozen from the original PC6 switch sound. We tested the whole process from preparing the sound file from the recorded in the real PC6, then making WWISE Turboprop sound pack with the new sound configuration file, and up to the connecting this sound to the certain animation events. Everything works as expected. MS, Asobo and Audiokinetic made a great sound animation tool and provide amazing support to the 3PD! :+1: :grinning:

6 Likes