Announcement: FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL)

That is a limitation for Asobo, since they’re doing it for profit. But historically there has never been an issue either with repaints or with AI traffic coming from third party developers.

Not really. AIG (and other such developers) have all the assets they need to plug in real time traffic into the sim. The reason why they were looking to get in touch with Asobo was not so Asobo can implement traffic, or for Asobo to partner with them for traffic packs. They were trying to get in touch with them so that Asobo make it possible for third party developers to plug in AI traffic, something which is not currently possible. The closed down nature of this sim makes a lot of otherwise trivial things pretty much impossible.

Unfortunately, not possible right now, as i said above. It’s not currently possible to plug in AI traffic and have it work properly.

AIG managed to get the community’s attention, and the community upvoted their topic until Asobo could not ignore it any further. We have done the same with Reality-XP but while this got WT’s attention, we haven’t heard anything official from Asobo on this. Either way, in both cases it remains to be seen if anything fruitful comes of it. All we can do is wait and hope.

2 Likes

guys, remember this is the FSLTL anncoument topic, not a AI disgussion topic. For any futher generel AI discussion I would suggest move to the already exisiting topcis

Thank you very much for pointing this out.
Can you link it here. Thank you.

Done, have found it !!!

As far as I understand, the project stalled.
Like the old engine of my Renault.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I want to believe that I’m wrong. Normal traffic in the simulator is half of the simulator.
The author of the topic also disappeared.

yup, their discord is pretty quiet, too. Left it so I don’t always hope for announcements :smiley:

Not only that, they don’t even answer tickets anymore.

i won the bet! if you recall, I said I highly doubt that they were actually gonna publicly produce anything. She (Sophie?) was too much into playing “pc politics” that they basically screwed themselves.

That being said , I am sure they recruited talented people to help make the project work and they are ALL enjoying the fruits of their labor as we speak. Kiind of conniving to openly publicly recruit talent and then hog them for themselves.

That being said, there are other similar products that have opened to the public, but you gotta search in this forum to find the threads and then be invited to their discord. As far as I know they have accomplished the same thing. But you need an invite.

p.s. be advised, they are under no obligation to help the public, and I respect that. What I don’t respect, is that they advertised, excited everyone and recruited publicly for the project using forum members and then once they were selected they are forced to comply. Some have wanted to share with the rest of us but their leader doesn’t allow it and I know someone who was even kicked for trying to share. So on one hand they come across as “moral and ethical” but they are the opposite when it came to their public members.

Please join one of the other groups. They deliver!

6 Likes

Just trying to understand: what’s the point of creating something and then just share it with insiders and not even profit from it (monetarily)

Well they might have intended to share but they didn’t understand the aspect of legalities of using other people work , that those themselves copied. So they seem to have just gotten fed up and kept it to themselves.

But for those who are interested, use search , there are other projects. One in particular is basically identical to what this group was promising to do. It mostly works and they are working on it daily.

Personally, I am happy using just A320 as live traffic. Otherwise you have to use 100gb. A320 has most liveries.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. FLTL is dead and the other guys at AIG don’t seem to really make progress either. Is there another group working on live traffic?

Yes. Search thread on liveries for live traffic.

Correct livery for AI traffic(live traffic)

Or something like that. Read last few pages and you will see.

The funny thing is that if i’m just saying where i have my AI models from the moderators are throwing terms like “illegal activities” at me. If somebody else is promoting a “product” and / or discord with possibly difficult content nobody is saying a thing.

That happens because “rats” report to the moderators, even though nothing illegal is being done. I have heard cases where people even say " that work is mine", mind you they don’t actually prove it.

Yes, that is why this subject matter isn’t on this forum anymore.

1 Like

I got rid of FSLTL from my discord setup a few weeks ago, it was apparent even then that nothing was going to happen. For now, the A320 mod that I setup on my sim months ago works ok as Kitty said and until something better comes along (a new project announcement for early June looks promising) I will stick with it. But FSLTL is clearly dead in the water.

The one releasing in June already had two releases and then the owner merged with 2 others and I’d making an improved version. I think you can still download the early versions.

As far as I can tell, it is almost the same as what this dead mod would have been. They have loads of models and liveries are being made at the moment.

If it is a payware model, you will just have to substitute a free model to represent.

2 Likes

It would be really appreciated if a link to the mentioned project could be provided. Thx in advance!

1 Like

go above , I wrote down the thread, do a search. They don’t want petty drama trouble.

1 Like

I searched for:

Correct livery for AI traffic(live traffic)

It’s the first thread. Click on that and scroll to the end and you will see it. It looks more promising than anything else and I am looking forward to it.

1 Like

Did they come up with AI traffic yet. Sorry, been trying to keep up with news but haven’t heard anything up to date.

Thanks

Some guy had something nice ready to release, then all the whiners chimed in and complained about it using other peoples liveries and such, so it was canceled.

2 Likes

It’s proof of the reason(s) why Asobo are hesitant to co-operate with AI traffic groups. If you’ve been in flight sim for any length of time you know there have been many AI traffic ‘groups’ and they always became a drama due to the many sources of paints, models, timetables and for some odd reason emotions get pretty high in that area sometimes and toys are ejected from prams.

Recently FLAI stopped creating their traffic package due to … let’s say ‘non-technical reasons’ … So the last man standing is AIG. Hoping they can keep it together (they appear to have for several years now) and rescue the very lackluster AI situation in MSFS.

8 Likes