[Announcement] Vessels: Global Shipping | Seafront Simulations

You use both shipping mods together? Do they play well together, not too many ships, conflicts, collisions etc? How about performance?

Yes I use both together. They seem to play perfecly fine together and Im using LNM. Henrik’s mod causes stutters in SU5 when converting the models and textures like before but other than that I dont notice any performance impact.

Vessels:Global Shipping introduces the awesome night lights and wakes that just takes it to another level. Im stoked they are continuing to update it by adding more models.

Then again I just purchased it yesterday, but have been running it together with Henriks mod for hours and I dont see any conflicts. I’ve yanked the ship and boat sliders to 90.

1 Like

Are you running cruise ships? You’d have to place your virtual passengers in quarantine, but it would populate the rivers.

I bought it 3 days ago…not disappointed

2 Likes

@SeafrontSims Any chance of publishing on Simmarket?

Hi @Nerbulus Sorry our publishing agreements mean we’ll be on MSFS Marketplace and Orbx only.

We’ll add some cruise ships in for flavour in time (but we’ll have to careful to make sure you don’t see too many of them and that they remain a bit of a treat :wink:)

HI @Stuthemoose Not currently I’m afraid as it’s not possible on moving ‘SimObjects’ yet. We’re hoping/expecting :crossed_fingers: that it’ll be implemented in time for the Top Gun expansion and when that happens we’ll be sure to add them to our ships. Believe me we’ve definitely tried already and had many hilarious moments as a result. :+1:

If it gets added in earlier we’ll also be prioritising it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: That’s great to hear.

1 Like

I’m now experiencing CTD with this mod together with the Working Title G3000.
CTD every time I hit the battery ON switch.

Anybody had this issue?

*edit: Weird, seems to only be a issue with the default livery. Using a different livery e.g Kenmore and no CTD.

I have just read that there are ships on the Elbe How about rivers like the Rhine or Danube, Moselle etc. are there ships with routes ???

It does look like the scale is there and these shots are very enticing. I’m trying to decide on my strategy/mod combination as I fly a lot over coasts and between shipping lanes. I must admit I’m finding it hard to wait for the inevitable sales but that’s me.

I messaged earlier (and have noticed a few others posted the same/similar) re vanishing ships at close range. The problem is now SOLVED completely and has absolutely nothing to do with your fine addon.
I have exactly zero computer expertise so the results are for my machine only and I have no idea if they will work elsewhere or have such a positive effect. A YouTube presenter (“Overkill”) mentioned almost offhandedly in one of his videos that, for Nvidia users only, doing a full install of Studio drivers vs. Gaming drivers eliminates CTDs and other issues. I tried it and it works- perfectly, so far - including yesterday’s update to Studio 471.68. Voila! Ships and boats galore with no vanishing whatsoever. I liked your program before. I love it now and am looking forward to the shipping update.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I will try that too. I notice Nvidia released a new game driver yesterday, I wonder if they fixed the issue in that was well?

Thanks so much for raising that @tacandme1484w - I think that should help a lot of people out. I’ve linked back to your post on Avsim too as someone there was having similar issues. Thanks again.

EDIT: I also wanted to say thanks for the feedback too. We’ve been blown away by the reaction and we can only say more is coming! Where are you flying out of interest?

I didn’t even know there WERE Studio drivers from NVIDIA… Going to test it out and see what happens, because… well, it can’t hurt (I think)…

I must be doing something wrong because I have yet to see any ships in the sim. I got shipping traffic set to 100% and leisure boats to 80% but there are no ships to be seen anywhere in the Mediterranean. I bought and installed Vessels Enhanced AI + Vessels Global Shipping from ORBX. Both are installed in Main Library.

What am I missing?

Are you flying over water?

Just kidding!

I only have the enhanced AI mod and I have the same amount of ships as I had previously on stock, which is not many. Most major coastal areas seem to have 1 or 2, some are completely empty, and occaisonally I’ll get four, two or three yachts and a ferry.

I have leisure boats set to 100, so I suggest you bump that up. On Henrik’s global AI ships thread he discusses in detail the way the sim works, as I was baffled how its possible to programe intricate ferry routes of thousands of miles but not spawn a few random boats in harbours but it seems to be the way Asobo have coded the game.

I personally couldn’t care less if a boat I’m watching is on a round the world journey in real time or just autospawned for my benefit and will disappear as soon as I’m out of the area. I just want the coastline to look realistic, and that means populated.

I’m hoping this Enhanced AI mod will get better as Asobo make more options available for developers. Now there are commerical add-on providers working on this part of the sim they will hopefully give them more options to make their add-ons more feature rich.

My ideal mod would be speedboats, yachts with more colour variety, and little tiny boats the kind of which pack every harbour in real life. Just autospawn 20 or so around beach and coast land that I fly over and make them vanish if needed when I’ve gone. I’d also like to see kayaks, dinghys and small boats in large lakes and rivers.

On a semi related note for any other dev who wants to branch out, herds of static cattle and sheep in fields would be great. They don’t even need to be animated, just something that brings out the realism of the countryside when you look down.

As we’re only 1 year in to a 10 year project I’m sure we’ll get these things over time.

Hi @Kjaye767 - We would love that too! We could certainly add a lot more routes that are travelled by sailboats etc but that would be another project and as a part time, paid hobby business would probably be too much at the moment. You’re correct about some areas being underpopulated (actually most/all are) when it comes to the auto spawned ‘wanderboats’. If you go somewhere like Nice, France you’ll see more but not nearly the numbers that would be there in real life. It’s old FSX technology. We hand place a lot of the routes and boats in our other sceneries to create the realistic feel. Enhanced AI is just a small (hopefully cost effective) way of improving the default in one go. Hopefully Asobo will be able to turn up the volume on how many and where they spawn now that we all have faster machines and a great new sim engine but there are obviously a lot of other priorities for them to fix first. We might also look at switching out that Grey/Green boat for another, larger sailing yacht.

1 Like

Hi @sanscheval - We normally ask people to do a test flight from Gibraltar (LXGB) which will confirm if Global Shipping is installed properly or not. There should be many passing through the Strait. Traffic numbers will be increasing the update following the imminent one (which primarily adds more models and fixes some routes to create more movement).