Anti Aliasing completely broken at 1080p

Even at TAA, anti aliasing is looking really bad at 1080p. the screen is full of jagged/moving lines and it is making the sim absolutely unusable. It’s just not possible to get used to it. I was hoping it would be fixed in the previous sim update but sadly, it wasn’t. The problem is very noticeable on distant textures, especially the shores and edges of water bodies. Asobo really needs to look into and fix this. It all started with the update prior to the USA world update in which a new TAA was implemented. It was absolutely fine before that. I really hope someone from Asobo sees this. :frowning:

(I have tried every possible setting including making changes to the cfg file but nothing has helped so far)

Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2060, 24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz.

wow,
maybe a screenshot to show what you are talking about?

in my poor system i am not having that issue.

:beers:

Then you are not used to anything better with your bad system. The oversharpening has been in play since Update 5 (v1.10.7.0) on 10/29/2020. There has been much discussion about the problem. DelhiSpotter was probably talking about over-sharpening the TAA. This is most noticeable with Render Scaling 100. Objects like trees and houses flicker in the upper third of the screen. I had also posted pictures of it here. For me, it helped to set the render scaling to 110 (90 may also help).

If you have done a driver update, check that Nvidia GeForce Experience has not ‘optimised FS2020’ and reduced settings. Also check the NIVIDIA Control panel and FS2020 settings.

However, the combination of the last update and driver 461.09 has resulted in a poorer display at 1080p whereas, no issue at 4K

Check your nvidia settings. Something is probably off. It’s nonsense that TAA is “completely broken”. Works fine for many users.

1 Like

It would be helpful to make screenshots with Windows itself (screen capture) and not with a phone. Judging image quality through phone pictures is not really helpful…

That being said, I have no issues on 1080p with the TAA, and definitely not the oversharpening of objects. So TAA being completely broken is nonsense indeed.

you already posted this images here:

Now is “Shimmering and Jaggged lines at 1080p” mutated to “Anti Aliasing completely broken at 1080p”

Strange thing…

UPDATE:
Options you have:

• make correct screenshots so we can see what you mean: WINDOWS-KEY + PRINT-KEY
  • RESET settings in Nvidia Controll Center to Default ( lots of users made mistakes here, the Default settings are fine )
  • I would recommend to disable in-game settings like “motion blur”
1 Like

Please do not create duplicate topics. You have already a topic here: