Antonov AN-225

I want this plane in the (Xbox) marketplace asap! :grinning:
This baby “died” lately during the invasion… :pensive:

6 Likes

There is, fortunately, a half finished airframe sitting around ( at the moment, anyway ). Not all is lost!

2 Likes

Was that confirmed? Last I heard (few days ago) that it was still intact, this coming from one of the pilots that fly it. If it is destroyed then the unfinished one most likely is to because it is sitting in a hangar at the same airport.

Confirmed, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Basically this airplane doesn’t exist anymore. So it will be very hard to replicate it for MSFS. Flight characteristics, real life measurement or scanning, instruments etc. Everything is gone

I was wishing to see that amazing aircraft in this game.
But i guess this is gonna end like the Concorde now…

R.I.P. Antonov An-225

It wasn’t in fact, check your facts before believing anything. The Antonov twitter said it’s not destroyed

1 Like

A lot of media outlets are reporting it’s been destroyed. So maybe take it easy.

1 Like

I’m saying it’s all over the news. So don’t give the OP grief.

2 Likes

So you believe media channels that can report fake news instead of the owners of the airplane?

1 Like

You suggest the OP should have taken a plane to go there and check by himself?
What you posted also doesn’t prove anything.

3 Likes

Every news outlet is reporting the same thing… destroyed hanger images circulating as well. If it’s not destroyed that would be amazing. Let’s hope everyone is wrong.

2 Likes

So the company say “we cannot report on the technical condition of the aircraft”

but you do can report ? lol… . . .

3 Likes

Which ever way you look at it, it’s irrelavent if the ‘real’ aircraft has been destroyed. This is a sim, so if the developers want to build a AN225 and introduce it to the sim then so be it. What is happening over there is horrendous, but doesn’t apply to MSFS forum.

2 Likes

Every news outlet is reporting it out of a rumour, with 0 proof of it being destroyed, there are 0 photos of the plane

Incredibly sad and unfortunately confirmed now by multiple sources;

FMmG3qrXIAQVcry

The fate of the An-22 which was also there is unknown at present.

Godspeed me old beauty . .

Rockets and non reinforced shelters aren’t friends.
This masterpiece is sadly history now…

I would love to build one some day and donate half the proceeds to Ukraine. Maybe some other dev can start work on one now. I would certainly buy it!.

“First confirmed image of the aircraft shows that its tail is intact.”
May not be ‘totally destroyed’ as claimed earlier.

An225-Mriya (“Dream”) may yet live on!

1 Like