Antonov AN-225

The video from the ground shows that it’s destroyed :frowning:

This is the other one - I have no idea if it survived or not.

Why is this in 3rd party addon discussion?

Because the OP expressed a desire for an add-on AN-225 for the sim.

There’s a portover on Flightsim.to of the FSX AN-225, with all of the baggage that portovers have.

Was flying around Kyiv to see what the Ukraine looks like and there were a couple of them flying around in multiplayer. (Along with a bunch of Cy-57s, F-15s and F/A-18s…)

1 Like

Total loss i would suggest

No longer a rumor…

@kingdmac3365 and I are having a go at adding the Antonov AN 225 as a native mod.

Very early version available without any working cockpit or landing gear.

Download links for it along with the Ghost of Kyiv Mig 29 at https://flightsimsquadron.com/2022/03/05/antonov-an-225-and-ghost-of-kyiv/

2 Likes

Wow destroying unique world inheritance like stuff is really low. Even for war standards.

1 Like

Would be great to have her also available on the xbox marketplace.

1 Like

If it ever gets developed to the point where it’s worth releasing there, sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#JoergNeumann said, that they want to build it in the SIM and use to earned money helping to rebuild a new #AN225. What a great idea! The An225 will be a great success.

2 Likes

Rebuilding will be a big job, this is a video by Dmytro Antonov examining the wreck and discussing what can be salvaged … jump to 18:24 for the AN-225 inspection …

1 Like

Latest reports seem to suggest the best hope is a rebuild based on the second airframe that was also at a bombed facility but luckily not damaged.

There are issues though, not the least of which being that much of the old Soviet era tech used in the original is unavailable, meaning extensive upgrading and a re-certification is likely necessary.

1 Like

Isn’t there DLC of this plane? Only on Pc though

There might be an imported FSX one kicking about.

MS have promised to make it a “Local Legend” with proceeds going to a Ukraine aid fund.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

If I were Ukraine and the An225 were still more or less intact, I certainly wouldn’t advertise it to the world - and I wouldn’t let Russia know.