Any DA42 in the works?

Hello everyone… I’ve made some substantial progress on the da42 since I last posted. I can’t believe I’m saying this but this airplane is actually looking pretty bright for a successful product. The aircraft has been carefully tuned and perfected with recent help from the author of the DA62X mod. I’ve also gotten more familiar with how the dev process works. I’ve fully figured out template animations, cockpit interactions, and things like that. So, the current state of the airplane is a fully functional da42 that’s able to do any cross-country flights, IFR or VFR, while flying LIKE a da42. Here are some shots of our recent feats!

I’ve also yet to mention that sounds will be made by a member of the Flybywire team, Boris. We have recorded samples of the aircraft during some of our multi-engine training flights so you’ll know that it’s as real as it gets!

33 Likes

amazing, were you also able to implement the fadec from the da-62 or is the plane still using default engine modeling?

Nice progress! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Custom FADEC and everything!

1 Like

I am re-using stuff from the DA40/62.

Though some of my code is from when i just started.I will go through every line and clean up the code + add comments for others and myself.

Additionally i still need to read all the documentation for the 42NG and 42TDI to figure out differences and other things.

15 Likes

I’m looking forward to those engine sounds!

Is there any Discord or something to Support the Project.

1 Like

This is superb. DA42 is the only twin I’ve flown IRL, and whilst the DA62 is an absolute joy (thanks to Tommy!) a DA42 is definitely much needed. Good luck with the project!

Definatley looking forward this this aircraft becoming available. A few of my DA62 liveries were done based on DA42 real aircraft.

yup! COWS

1 Like

Will you submit it to market place? Asking for Xbox simmers

2 Likes

Really looking forward to a good DA42 in theSim. Glad it’s being developed.

2 Likes

Just dropping this in here for motivational purposes. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hopefully you can do one for MSFS20

I second this question. I’d buy this for XBOX if it was made available. Been hoping for a quality DA-42 add on.

2 Likes

(That’s what he’s been talking about the whole time here, his learning curve going from developing the plane for Xplane and now for MSFS)

Great work @SpeedM5852, you learned pretty quickly!

Thank you everyone! We’ve made significant progress on the da42 since my last post. Everything from lighting, flight model, systems, model refinements, and much much more. We’ve started our initial testing with real da42 pilots (a LOT of people). and we are fine-tuning a lot of stuff. our main focus on that end is perfecting the behaviors for multi-engine maneuvers such as Vmc demonstration and single-engine performance. However, they are pretty hard to fine-tune due to the limitations of the physics engine. Not everything is in synchrony with the real world, but close enough to get a decent multi-engine to feel to pass a checkride haha.

Anyways, we’re hard at work bringing both versions of the da42 to msfs and xplane. you can find the most updated progress in our discord: COWS (it’s like the only social I find myself active in lol).

Oh, and, an announcement teaser is coming soon for the world to see! I’ll keep y’all updated!

9 Likes

I don’t think any of us has an xbox on hand to test haha. We’ll look into it, but the marketplace is definitely one of the considerations when it goes up for sale.

1 Like

Cool, well thanks for keeping us in the loop. I’ve joined the Discord.

Any news on the progress on MSFS and any information regarding the pricing?

1 Like