Any idea why this is happening ? (Cranes issue)

Hi guys i seem to have a gfx glitch, as you can see form pic, im flying over some docs (somewhere in Spain i think it was). But there seems to be a glitch that ive circled? Any ideas!

thanks!

That is no glitch. Look around you and you’ll see this everywhere: bridges, highway viaducts, harbour cranes. Depicting these cranes on a rectangular shaped form is less memory intensive than depicting every and each beam individually.

1 Like

Yes, this appears to be the limits of photogrammetry. It’s very hard to represent objects that are “see through” like cranes, towers, etc… so they are represented like “solid” objects.

1 Like

Hi @tizdaz,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a sub-category of the User Support Hub

The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

If you would like other users to help you with an issue you are experiencing in the sim, consider these User Support Hub categories for your future post:

Aircraft & Systems
ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs
Crashes (CTDs)
Hardware & Peripherals
Install, Performance & Graphics
Scenery & Airports
User Interface & Activities
Virtual Reality (VR)
Weather & Live Weather
Miscellaneous

See related topics:

1 Like

ah ok thanks guys!

hopefully fs 2024 this might be sorted!?

I really cannot answer that but for sure fs 2024 will bring great graphical enhancements, so let’s wait for them :slight_smile: .