Any news on the freeware 757 coming to FS2020?

This is the most recent video concerning the release of a possible freeware 757 in addition to the E190.

A few months before this, an A350 was announced with this as well.

Does anyone have any news of this? I would really really like to fly the 757 in the sim, as it is my favorite airplane. Does anyone know the release date?

2 Likes

if it is like fallout mods expect a beta in 4 years that will never be finished

3 Likes

Lead Dev is currently on a break due to school but should be back fairly soon.

1 Like

So the answer is…. It’s not happening. Guess we have to just wait for pmdg

no, sorry, no idea.You know the only freeware I know of today, (I don’t know your level of requirement in flight simulation) that has the merit of being called a study level aircraft is the Zibo 737 under x plane, all the other FW can be fun but far from reaching the ankle of Zibo, so I’m not under too many illusions, given the bunch of freeware and payware aircraft (which by the way is a shame, because many of them are much better and are free) but you never know, why not.
But I don’t have too many illusions, unless flight factor with their official boeing license, facing their 757 from xplane that I own, a MSFS 2020 version, I dream about it, but I have little hope…

No, PMDG doesn’t have a 757 in their lineup, and I don’t think the hope is strong. The best hope (and it’s really the worst) is CaptainSim will do a 757 3D model and package it with some default plane (likely 747 again) avionics. They DO have a 757 in P3D, but I don’t think they are gonna do a proper one for MSFS.

well, poot. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Looks like another project started up on the 757. There is hope of flying this beautiful aircraft one day in MSFS. The models look good so far.

I do not know who is running the project now but I know that the original dev joined the FBW team to remodel the A320. So maybe they have moved on.

Im the run running Dev Digital after I lefted ouroboros

According to this video from a few months ago, the progress was looking really good

Maybe we may not lose hope after all…

1 Like

so much talking, so little action! I only have faith in PMDG at this point, everything else will be a bonus.

not dissing as I appreciate how much effort goes into these projects but I think alot of devs bite off more than they can chew! no fault for trying.