Any “Press any key to start” 3rd party devs?

When the “Press any key to start” feature is removed, I imagine some people who really like it will want alternatives (assuming it’s removed and not simply kept as a preference).

Any 3rd party devs working on this?

1 Like

Interesting. Why would some people really like it? Cheers.

1 Like

Why not assume that they will simply make it optional, so those who wanna get rid of it will be able to tick a box in the settings and then it’s all good?

3 Likes

They may like watching the same videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
In other words, beats the hell out of me!

2 Likes

This must be a trolling thread

4 Likes

More development work is why. That said, you are right of course and would be the first preference. If it is just as easy to do as removing it is is what I’d do in my apps. If it takes a fair bit of work (more than maybe an hour to do and test properly) or might introduce new bugs then I’d just kill it.

It’s not possible due hardcoded. Wait update 5

if pressing ANY key once is too much of a chore, then I would suggest that you give up playing any PC games and take up something less involving like sleeping, or if you are an insomniac, sitting in a chair and doing nothing.

this is given most games to speed past the splash screens etc normally involves pressing a key or button.

While I’m not crazy about spending extra on something that’s already in the sim, I was looking at Press Any Key to Continue VR on the Oculus store, though honestly I’m not crazy about the required Facebook login and likely moving on to the Reverb G2 eventually anyway.

Pretty good reviews, but I think it might get boring quickly.

1 Like

I do agree with you. These guys whining to get this keystroke removed are the first to vehemently claim a keystroke to bypass the scrolling of the credits when there is such a feature.

Because some of us know how to put in a more interesting or more entertaining video. I launch the sim, then go pour a soda (or something a little more “adult”) while the MS/Asobo/Blackshark logos pass by. When I come back, I’m greeted by something much more pleasing to the eye that I can watch for a few seconds before tapping the space bar to continue on. If that goes away, honestly, I’ll probably feel a tiny bit disappointed.

Holy cow you people are dense. Can you not spot sarcasm? Y’all are discussing this like this is a friggin serious thread… :rofl:

Who need Microsoft
https://github.com/Externoak/A32NX-installer/releases/latest/download/A32NX_Downloader.zip

You’re absolutely right. Its not a chore. But it is a waste of time. If the PAK was to occur AFTER everything had loaded, then, no problem. Straight in the game. But, instead, it take time to load the game initially - then waits at PAK - then loads a bunch more stuff.

Some of us are not running super computers so this isn’t an insignificant amount of time. Sometimes minutes.

The point of the request was that PAK serves no purpose whatsoever. You can’t cancel out the game at that point. So why have it? Is it nothing but an irritant and thankfully our voice has been heard and it will be removed.

I was thinking the same hahah.

1 Like

you can cancel out of the game at any point with Alt + F4 or switching to windowed mode (Alt + Enter) and pressing the X at the top right.

maybe an irritant to the inept who think you have got to wait until the main menu to exit, but if your going to exit it why start it in the first place.

Well, Alt+F4 is an OS way of closing an app. In the app itself, there is no way of exiting, so what’s the point?

Finally - you’ve just argued against yourself friend. If you’ve run the app, why ask for a key to be pressed to ‘start’ it?

Its funny to see that this was the top highest voted issue in the forums. Like its such a huuuuge problem to press a key.

I would love it if they could add a patch that self un-installed after an hour or so, but it initially changed the “Press Any Key To Start” to “Insert Coin To Start”.

Hey,

this might be a helpful mod.

1 Like