Any Solution to A320 AP Bug Yet?

Same happened to me yesterday on my first vat sim flight! Controllers must have thought I was a right noob!

I deleted the rolling cache and created a new one. I also deleted the A320neo and redownloaded it again im the contentmamager. Normally I‘m using the Flybywire-A320neo dev, the problems are still there with autopilot. But the default A320 just worked fine from my testflight from LOWW to LFPG. I will test later the Flybywire-A320neo stable.

thanks for the feedback
with the default A320 did you start from runway or gate?

On a more positive note the B787 seems to be behaving itself so that’s what I have switched to until they sort out the A320.

Cold and dark from the gate!

Just tried one of workarounds that suggested on forum.
From Cold&Dark , all waypoints were inserted via MCDU . Before start engine (with pushback) , switched 3 FLT/CTL buttons off . The plane still not on the route and also flies to different direction.

I’m off to X-plane again until this stuff gets worked out. Thank God I didn’t delete my orthos.

1 Like

I’m flying the latest FBW dev build and I’m having some luck with the AP while starting cold and dark. I’ve been aligning the IRS manually which may help. It also seems like restarting between flights may be necessary. Anyway, I’m flying right now and the AP is behaving and following the route. It is tracking slightly off to the right, but I’ll take it!

I tried the dev mod last night but no luck.

I usually get it straight from the dev website but have no idea how often it is updated.

We update the dev version multiple times per day

1 Like

Hold tight everyone, the custom FBW AP is gonna come.

13 Likes

I think you FBW guys are just fantastic.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Starting from the runway and switching off ELAC1, SEC1 and FAC1 - the AP seems to work fine and follow the route

Found the same. No issues from the runway but starting from the ramp…
Makes me wonder what is different. The way the FP is loaded? A switch that is flipped by the AI while prepping the aircraft on the runway that we aren’t flipping manually? Will have to do a comparison, when I get out of the office.

Default A320neo from Asobo has the same issue. Almost got smacked into the ground multiple times yesterday while flying over Atlanta.

Yeah, it’s really weird and stupid. What difference is it to start at the gate compared to the runway. If you create the same flight plan before loading the flight, shouldn’t it be the same regardless of where you start?

Just to clarify that starting from the runway, the AP did a hard left and down as soon as engaged until I switched off ELAC1, SEC1 and FAC1. I;m no expert and have no idea what those switched do though

1 Like

You would think…
However, the system prepares the aircraft for departure internally, when starting on the runway. What is it doing, exactly?

Ah. for. xxxx. sake.
Thought we were on to something. THANKS @gordongreig! :wink:

1 Like

This may sound strange, but I get the feeling it’s about alignment. The plane doesn’t seem to know, where it is and what it’s doing (attitude, etc.) during C&D start. The simulated ADIRS alignment of the A32NX does noting to help this issue. Or the plane “think it knows it” but is wrong.