Any tips for Vatsim/PilotEdge while flying IFR in VR?

Curious to hear any tips any of you my have for handling things like taking notes on clearances/instructions, referencing charts, quickly tuning radios, etc while flying in VR. While flying in busy areas, I imagine VR may make it a bit difficult to manage the workload. I am considering getting the Logitech Radio Panel, but am holding back due to uncertainty about how viable it is in VR (which is dominating almost all of my flight time at the moment).

3 Likes

Just want to echo that I’m wondering the same thing… want to get flying on IVAO again, but getting a simple thing like a browser window into the sim (for charts etc.) I can’t quite figure it out (using reverb G2 and WMR)

How to note down clearances etc. is another good question…

It shouldn’t be impossible?

Somebody should make a notepad window. I’m sure it’s possible since showing external web server content like LNM maps are. No idea on how to do it though

1 Like

This is what I been using. Works great.

1 Like

I “bring” my computer desktop to VR. I have on it:

• my favourite nav app,
  • PDF viewer for checklist and charts
  • OneNote for making notes with my Wacom graphics tablet + pen.

See my thread here: VR, immersion, charts, VATSIM, etc

For notes etc I have an iPad that I mirror into the sim. I handwrite on the iPad with the Apple Pencil and that shows up in VR.

If you actually wanted to see paper charts, etc. you could try to find a GOOD webcam. Then use the Windows “Camera” app to sort of “preview” the camera. Aim the camera up close to whatever paper you want brought in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.