Any Updated Massachusetts Airports?

Just got the latest hotfix installed and my system seems to be stable (as it was pre-hotfix 1 and 2). I now plan to load back everything in my community folder. Just wondering if anyone has had issues with any of the airports and scenery files listed here (payware MVY and HYA, Flyingiscool ACK, Cape Cod Canal bridges and the I Love VFR tower and antenna mod).

Flyngiscool’s airports look unharmed, as does I Love VFR and the bridges

1 Like

I’m actually getting ready to rerelease all of my airports with more detail and fixed taxiway lighting (now that lightrows work). I’m working on getting the ambient traffic working properly at the moment and KBED, KCON, 69NH, and KASH are done otherwise.

The only issues I’ve seen are Gen_Hangar127 that I use in a few places was rotated 90 degrees in SU5 and not fixed with the hot fixes. And Gen_Hangar178’s awning has a graphics glitch. Otherwise everything is working fine. I haven’t looked at KACK yet.

I’ve got nine other airports around the White Mountains waiting for release as well.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. Hopefully you get around to KACK as well, it’s one of my favorite airports, I fly out of it quite a bit.

Oh, I absolutely will. I was just about to, but then I had some revelations on Services and Living World, and had to go back through the others to fix them up. KACK needs the least work of them all.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has noticed issues with a lack of static aircraft since the update? Smaller GA airports (like Marshfield) are completely empty. Larger airports like Plymouth or Hyannis have static aircraft on one ramp but the remaining ramps are completely empty. I’ve got the slider at 100%. No problem with airport vehicles and ground handling equipment, they are all over the place, just can’t get static aircraft sorted out. Never had issues prior to the “update”. Kinda kills the immersion when you fly into an airport that is completely devoid of other airplanes.

New England looks to be included in this: simMarket: TABURET - USA NORTHEAST ROADS MSFS

Anyone use any of these?

1 Like

Flew the W/T CJ4 from KBED to KACK. The route took me over my house and it’s funny but I often see biz jets flying over, on the same route. Everything worked fine, cold start, low level IFR, perfect ILS capture on RWY 24 on Nantucket. No glitches or any other issues. Just a wonderful flight, had plenty of time while on autopilot to enjoy the scenery, think i may have spotted my house from 3000 ft. Thanks very much Flyingiscool for the great airports. I know a lot of folks have issues with this sim but as a guy who has been using MS flgiht sim for close to 20 years, this current version is amazing. Kudo’s to the developers!

2 Likes

Happened to be in Scituate yesterday, trying out a new camera. Picture isn’t the best due to heat distortion but I figured I’d share. Minots Light. Replicated in the freeware package referenced above.

1 Like

For those that are interested, looks like Flightsim.to now has P-Town and Chatham airports. I’ll be downloading them ASAP. Slowly, but surely, my little corner of the world is getting some pretty nice airports.

2 Likes

We got another airport on Flightsim.to:

3 Likes

I’ve been flying heavily in the New England region recently and using your airports a lot. Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome work you’re doing man.

2 Likes

Thank you, my pleasure. I have a bunch of updates to submit soon for the airports I’ve done, and 9 more airports I redid around the white mountains, mostly to add parking spaces to turf fields that had none, then it became a project, haha

1 Like

I second bbsmitz’s comment. Thank you very much for your hard work, it’s added a great deal to my flying enjoyment, especially for my flying around the cape and islands. Now that you have done KBED, I’m also flying a very common route for bizjets going from KACK to KBED, takes them right over my house, I usually see mutliple jets flying this route at 3,000 or so.

3 Likes

I sprang for the Cape Bridges payware (discussed above) – the models are, indeed, really nice.

MazerMart has (as noted above) been doing a good job filling in the smaller Cape airfields – Chatham, Provincetown, and Cape Cod Airport (Marston Mills). They’re pretty high quality for freeware, much like FlyingIsCool’s work. And a fourth one is coming, apparently. Since there’s already a payware KHYA, and I don’t see the point of doing Otis, I’m guessing it’s Falmouth Airpark (5B6).**

The lighthouses from MazerMart are pretty good as well. Especially since they’re all 2-d splotches in the default scenery…

** Which is a fly-in airport – there are something like 20-30 houses adjacent that have their own hangars bordering on the taxiway. You don’t really see those a lot in New England – at least I haven’t. I think of them more as a Florida thing…

2 Likes

Don’t forget Flyingiscool’s KACK, it’s a really nice one. There is also a good KMYV (payware). Still hoping we get Plymouth. Got a fair amount of biz jet traffic, I think it would pretty much make the South Shore and cape complete. Then the icing on the cake would be a quality Cessna 402, so I could replicate all those interesting Cape Air routes (including flying into P-town which presented a few problems for the KAP flight yesterday). Last on the wish list - it would be nice if someone would do the PAVE PAWS radar at the north end of Otis/MMR. That building is truly massive and can be seen from quite a far distance.

1 Like

The access road for the PAVE PAWS facility is across from the Market Basket on the connector between Rt 6A and Rt 6 that’s right next to the Sagamore Bridge. Driving by last month, I noticed that it’s now a Space Force facility. First time I’ve ever seen actual official signage for the Space Force…

I don’t know much about Blender, but that’s a weirdly shaped building, and I figure it might be difficult to do a good 3D model of it…

1 Like

Yes, KPYM is next on my list. I’ve flown and visited there a few times and am pretty familiar with the airport.

1 Like

How about a solid good looking KHYA

The payware one is ok… No?