Any Updated Massachusetts Airports?

hmm I’m unfamiliar with the Cape area so I’ll load in and go looking after work

It’s the raising tower drawbridge just to the west of the Bourne Bridge.

I think that smoke stack is supposed to be a wind turbine, I’ll contact the WLVFR guy…

I highly recommend biking the canal bike path someday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found it – this general area is gorgeous. I remember going to a wedding when I was 20 in Little Compton – great night (besides the after-effects of drinking too much vodka)

1 Like

My aunt lives on the golf course just to the left of the last picture, about a half mile off the rotary, and I spent 4 years DJ’ing weddings down the Cape with a now X. I spent many an hour biking the canal. So I’m SUPER happy to see these bridges there now
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Those pictures sold me on this. Purchasing as we speak. I think one of those folks on the canal path is me on my bike!

1 Like

Been there, done that! It’s really a fun way to spend a summer afternoon

1 Like

Been nearly a year and no payware dev has worked yet on KBOS.

This is the next best thing but yeah, KBOS needs a payware addon.

1 Like

I thought I heard FlyTampa was working on it? Given there’s no other word, I imagine it will be out next year. I don’t know if they tend to announce they are working on things.

With regards to the canal scenery, I bought it. Looks fantastic. Just wish someone would clean up the rest of the canal. There is no smoke stack at the Canal Electric plant and the large fuel tanks have windows and doors in the sides. Not a big deal unless you are down low but still a minor nitpick. I’m installing We Love VFR tonight, we’ll see how that does with the stack and all the nearby wind turbines.

1 Like

Oh, sure, entice me into doing something else :roll_eyes:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just saw this was uploaded to Flightsim.to

1 Like

How cool is that? I grew up in Scituate and know that light well. Thanks for the heads up, heading over there now to download.

I hope these updates help us folks that pahk a plane.

I use KBVY to KBOS to Brockton back to (Brockton is an official photogrammetry city) KBOS banging a Uey as a torture test

Beverly, Lawrence and Norwood are FPS black holes

What do you mean about those three airports? Why would they tank frame rates?

Taking off from Beverly to Boston I get a reverse of expected, the frame rates go up,

That and taxiway C at KBVY is like a motocross track

1 Like

Flytampa has been quiet for months. I will check their forums to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Must say, I’m gagging for a high-fidelity version of KBOS - would be the perfect departure/arrival point for transatlantic operations :slight_smile: Have flown in/out many times IRL so know it well… If FlyTampa are indeed doing it then I’ll have to keep a close eye on them! Just bought their EKCH and it’s incredible!

1 Like

FlyTampa said nothing about KBOS in the update they issued a few days ago. They said they’re working on Amsterdam, Corfu, Toronto (cue the Rush), and Athens. That is NAWT wicked ex.

FlyingsCool’s stuff is really good; I heartily recommend it. There are some other hand-crafted airports available on Flightsim.to as well, of varying detail/quality – but none of them are worse than the default…

(All are MA except as noted)

• 1B2 - Katama (Martha’s Vineyard)
  • 8MA4 - Crow Island - Stow MA
  • KBDR - Sikorsky/Bridgeport CT
  • KBVY - Beverly
  • KHFD - Hartford Brainard CT
  • KIJD- Windham CT
  • KMVY - Marthas Vineyard
  • ME74 - Miller’s Field ME
  • a package of various bush strips in and around Knox County ME

And there are payware versions of Barnstable/Hyannis (as mentioned), New Haven, and Hartford/Bradley.

(In related news, I have a lot of mods…)

5 Likes

We need a detailed KBOS badly. Since the last couple updates, KBOS has been missing walls. It’s an international airport!

2 Likes