Any Updated Massachusetts Airports?

Can’t wait. The more I fly out of BOS, the more I realize how horrible the stock version is.

2 Likes

Same. Default BOS is only saved by that Logan ATC tower mod that at LEAST adds the actual control tower. Can’t wait for FlyTampa’s BOS.

3 Likes

Here’s a KMVY: Martha's Vineyard Airport - Burning Blue Design

1 Like

Thanks Burt. Looks interesting, I kind of wish they had provided some additional pictures to show the “airside” of KMVY. I’ve got a decent looking freeware version, I’ll have to see how these two stack up.

Great thread. We need KBOS!

1 Like

Burning Blue Design is very definitely a top tier developer.

Their choices ain’t half weird though, but I applaud the variety/ obscurity.

2 Likes

I got the Boston new airport on marketplace for my Xbox. One thing I noticed is most add on airports no longer give you the ability to ILS into them. Im so frustrated and have Uninstaller the 3 I purchased via credits on marketplace. Im at a loss for what to do. Im a big ILS flyer

Most addon airports break the ILS… IF you have Navigraph you can use the Navigraph Navdater Center to update the MSFS Nav data. THEN go to your Content.xml file and make sure the Navigraph data entry is the LAST LINE . Your ILS should now work everywhere.

there’s a KBOS UPDATE!!!

From the dev: v1.2 UPDATE:

Added a custom-built and textured Signature Flight Support over by the GA Ramp
CAPE AIR GATES now avaiable - Cape Air flies Cessna 402's out of C27, so 10 small space are there now
Adding the Cape Air gates meant re-doing all of the gates for the airport as well as taxiways.
Re-did all ramp, gate, etc. markings to reflect reality as best as possible
Added custom taxiway surface markings where appropriate (Instersection markings, ILS and APCH hold short markings, anti-certain-famous-celebrity "TAXI" marking on Taxiway Mike, etc.)

(sidenote: twotonemurphy is currently flying into that new KMVY right now on Twitch)

2 Likes

New: Nantucket Lighthouses

2 Likes

Excellent! I’m in on both of these. Now if we can just get a C402 so I can start flying the Cape Air routes, life will be quite nice indeed!

1 Like

I saw a question on the Fly Tampa FB page asking about how things are going with KBOS. They said it’s looking very nice and it’s next in the queue. Hopefully soon. These guys do some amazing work, can’t wait to see what they do with Logan. Maybe afterwards, they’ll turn their focus to KPVD?

1 Like

I doubt it. KPVD isn’t big or complex enough to show off their skills (and justify their pricetags). I think they’ll keep porting over their previous stuff before adding new destinations. Which I’m fine with if they bring their Caribbean airports over…

Gaya went the summer route and did a custom Block Island. KPVD apparently is too pedestrian a stop.

I am hopeful that VerticalSims might consider making PVD seeing as they made it for XP11, however for right now no one else seems like it might be a possibility.

1 Like

Can someone make a working/timetabled northeast corridor?

Not MA related but as I continue to fly the CRJ on Northeast routes, I flew into Portland, ME (KPWM) last night. Great spot to fly into, right in downtown Portland on the water but the stock airport is absolutely horrid. Hopefully this will get a makeover at some point in the future. There is already a pretty nice freeware version of Bangor, just need KPWM and Bar Harbor and my CRJ / Cape Air network will be in great shape.

There are some great products out there by smaller developers. FSXScenery did a very nice KBGR. If they can release something like Bangor, I’d hope that KPVD might be of interest.

1 Like

Just noted a nice looking freeware New Bedford / KEWB is over at Flightsim.to.
New Bedford KEWB and Cape Cod Bridges » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Looks like Fly Tampa slid in a teaser with their latest FB post announcing the release of Toronto.

2 Likes