Any Updated Massachusetts Airports?

https://secure.simmarket.com/stealthy-duck-cape-cod-airports-pack-msfs.phtml

"Cape Cod is a geographic cape extending into the Atlantic Ocean from the southeastern corner of mainland Massachusetts, in the northeastern United States. Its historic, maritime character and ample beaches attract heavy tourism during the summer months. This combination scenery pack contains eight hand-built lighthouses, four customized airports and surrounding area scenery improvements.

Lighthouses: Chatham, Race Point, Highland, Monomoy, Stage Harbor, Wood End, Nauset, Long Point
Customized airports: KPVD Provincetown; KCQC Chatham; 2B1 Cape Cod Airfield; 5B6 Falmouth Airfield
Numerous static aircraft models with area specific liveries
Approx. 65 miles around roads replacing satellite imagery. Almost entire Interstate 6 along the whole Cape. Chatham airport road, MA State Highway 28, East Harkwick all major roads
PBR Textures
Surrounding area details: animated people, extensive boats, lighting corrections, beaches & piers, extensive tree corrections, beach grasses, water texture corrections

Items that will be included in future updates:

Chatham compass rose lettering expanded

Cape overpasses along highways"

1 Like

This is now on FlightSim.to – Stealthy Duck » Cape Cod Airports Pack » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I was going to check it out this weekend but then I saw a weird comment from the developer accusing someone asking a question of being a competing developer?? That was definitely offputting, but if they are really quality I might think about getting them down the line.

1 Like

Fly Tampa just released a bunch of screenshots on their FB page. KBOS is looking amazing. Hope all that pretty scenery won’t come at the expense of frame rates.

1 Like

An incredible update!

• “Added custom-modelled (sic) maintenance hangars for American, JetBlue, and Delta at the North Ramp”

1 Like

homerdrool.gif

and it looks like it’s out? https://www.flytampa.org/kbos.html

Edit: Installed it. Will check it out after work

It does look like it doubles some of the RKbridger scenery sadly.

1 Like

I also have Aerosoft Simple Traffic, the gates look great populated Rex Weather Trees and Textures installed and running along with a few other mods, everything is awesome, couple of bridge squares out of place, nothing at all to write home about. I wish RKBridges could figure out how to get the cars to take the go around at GE instead of Evil Knieviling it. :wink:

1 Like

FYI, there’s a new KORH Worcester Regional out today from MXI Design. Looks pretty good to me. I have no experience with their work – it’s mostly Greek/Turkish/Balkan airports, so this is a bit of a departure for them.

Available on Simmarket for about $14. I’ll give it a day or two to see if it comes out on Orbix, as I prefer their installer…

1 Like

For whatever it’s worth, the Fly Tampa KBOS is stunning. I think it’s probably the best aftermarket airport out there (maybe tied with the DD KDCA). I have a decent machine but it’s certainly not a beast and I haven’t seen the framerate hit that others have mentioned. If anyone’s on the fence, I suggest that they go for it.

Now if someone will just do a high quality (or even just a lower level upgrade) of KPVD, I’ll be a happy camper.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the KORH yet?

Now that summer is here, one thing is missing from coastal New England waters - boats. Are there any mods out there (or is there a setting in the sim) that provides some boats? Plymouth harbor was pretty packed yesterday when I was down there. Looks a bit odd flying over it and seeing it empty.

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, I though this was mostly commercial vessels. That’s not a bad thing but I was really hoping for something that would provide the hundreds of pleasure craft that are typically in coastal waters and harbors during the summer. Don’t even have to be moving, just static boats would be fine.

Yea it will add a few sailboats though

1 Like

I did buy Worcester. It’s decent. There’s a terrain issue on the bravo taxiway just south of the apron; a level discontinuity that leaves a big speed bump/cliff.* Other than that, no issues. Frame rate hit for me is about the average for payware scenery. Looks nice enough.

*It’s possible this is a conflict with another mod. I just noticed the issue today, so I’m not sure.

It’s dirt cheap on the Orbx store right now too… hmm … I might grab it in the morning

@FlyingsCool5650

So I think I’ve tracked down a very weird bug to a few of your New England airports. Specifically, the ones which have a LivingWorld_Config folder (26MA, 69NH, KACK, KCON and KASH). When these are active, the baggage cart airport vehicles will either not show up, or show up sporadically at other airports worldwide

There are two problems.

1. For KCON and KASH is that in the LivingWorld config file, the entries for the ‘Baggage Dollies’ have an extra tab indent compared to other entries. I was testing this with a 747 at JFK gate E7, and with either of those two airports active the baggage cart wouldn’t spawn. Once I fixed the extra tab in both files no issues. (Or maybe the tab doesn’t matter and it’s a weird placebo?)

2. However, at other airports and with other aircraft types (A320, CRJ), it seems that even with the fix above for 1, with any of these airports active, whether or not the baggage train spawns or not is a matter of luck. Sometimes there, sometimes not. It shows up consistently if I disable these 5, so I think it has something to do with the way the game is parsing those living world config files, I just don’t know what the issue is.

Anyways, it’s a very small bug insofar as bugs go, but figured I’d bring it to your attention in case you’re planning on releasing an updated version of any of these in the future. Thanks for the work you’ve done on these; they’ve made my flying around New England much more enjoyable!

Best,

-bbsmitz

2 Likes

I’m on XBox and unfortunately 3rd party airports are STILL an expensive CTD nightmare. However, if FS on Xbox was capable of handling anything other than vanilla airports, I’d kill for a decent version of my old stomping grounds, 1B9 (Mansfield Muni.) or hell, even just a decent (non-Bredok) KBOS. Side note: has anyone seen Bredok’s scamware abomination of Logan? I’m pretty sure this dude has no idea what it looks like IRL.

I’d love a nice KPYM (Plymouth). Sorry to hear that 3rd party airports don’t play well w Xbox, the Fly Tampa KBOS is simply stunning.

Sadly, 3rd party airports are a CTD nightmare because a bunch of developers have no concept of the Virtual File system, and don’t bother to change the paths to files with the same names, and therefore CTD.

For whatever reason, the people ingesting the packages don’t bother to look for modellib.bgl and many other files and make sure they either have unique names or a unique path.

The problem could be fixed in many ways. But nobody is addressing this MAJOR problem, and there’s nothing users can do to fix the problem on Xbox since they can’t modify files. I have to fix nearly 30% of the scenery packages I download to make sure all files have unique names or paths, and this is true for both freeware and payware packages.

Asobo has to make some tighter rules, because these packages will work when they are the only community package, the issue only arises when multiple packages with the non-unique filenames and paths are loaded at the same time.

1 Like