Any Updated Massachusetts Airports?

Thanks so much for that investigation.

I’ve got a ton of new airports to release and updates for the existing, but I’ve been holding off because of the Living World/Airport Services mess we have, and it’s really important to me to limit vehicle types on airports, but, it’s impossible today because changes affect all airports in a given region.

I’ve learned a lot since I released the airports you’re using, but the files still need a lot of work to really be correct, and then I have to figure out how to instruct people in using the files, if they want to or not.

You might want to look at the Airport Services files to look for the issues you couldn’t solve. That’s what controls services per plane. I imagine the CRJ is a “Medium” plane, and falls under the template for that size plane. The A320 might also be a “Medium” size plane. The SDK is not clear on how small medium and large are TRULY processed by the system. There’s some things that they honor changes in the Services file, and others where they ignore them.

2 Likes

Keep up the good work, you’re appreciated vastly.

looks at his Addons Linker

pepperll, 282_39, kack_UE,kbed,69nh, kash, kconv am I missing any?|

Edit: I dont know if you do payware but FlyTampa’s KBOS is SO GOOD along with a little RKBridger too and your additions, flying Eastern Mass is fantastic.

1 Like

about 10 or 12 I haven’t released yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Waiting not so patiently. If you decide to venture into larger airports, I’ll be glad to kick you a few $ if you consider doing even a basic overhaul for PVD! I second Salem 978’s comments on the quality of your work, it’s truly fantastic.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.
Its also infuriating that the Marketplace rating system we’re stuck with is utterly useless and doesn’t even differentiate between users of either platform which essentially forces us Xbox users to do our own due diligence before buying anything. Unfortunately there a lot of people who found this out the wrong way (myself included). Those who were new to the sim on Xbox bought some of the higher quality airports, landmarks etc. expecting them to work as-intended only to find out they blew $20 on something which might’ve worked well on PC, but completely broken on our platform. I’m told that there is an approval process before addons are listed the Marketplace, but its glaringly obvious that Microsobo does absolutely zero testing of these for functionality, so I’m not sure what the point of it is.

I’m not so worried about functionality testing. That would be difficult to implement. In this case, what they should be testing for is the structure of the package. They HAVE to find a way to test for the integrity of the package and the virtual file system.

The problem is, they’re stuck behind allowing the advantages of the functionality of having packages override other packages on purpose, vs, developers who use the default naming conventions - that Asobo created mind you, that cause problems across packages that aren’t supposed to override each other.

I’m not a programmer, nor do I understand the virtual file system fully, so I can’t suggest methods of fixing the issue, but the hope would be they could at least figure out how to stop CTD’s based on package structure “errors”.

1 Like

Oh and if your ever feeling whimsical and bored enough to give it a go make the “Wings” airport Tom Nevers Field?

We’d also need 1981 Cessna 402C one of which was C/N 402C0507, N121PB but that’s not your hobby.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s been mentioned here, but someone did a freeware version of Westover AFB. (I don’t know and don’t care what it’s called now – it’s Westover. :laughing:)

It’s pretty bare-bones, but not bad (and … say it with me, people… better than default).

1 Like

FlyTampa just updated Logan to v1.2. No patch notes that I can find, but a post by them on their forum from back in May said that the next patch would fix various runway bumps, add better Cape Air ground markings, add the B-C connector, and “terminal C optimization”. Plus VDGS, but no elaboration on that.

2 Likes

Here are the release notes for KBOS 1.2:

1 Like

I knew the Hyatt looked off

Didn’t even know that there was a version 1.0! Thanks for the info. This is a really nice product from FT, glad they are standing behind it and providing updates as needed.

1 Like

Not an airport, but I got the Taburet 3D Light US Northeast mod (as it was on sale) to see what it did. I like it – I think it makes the region look much more realistic at night (the urban areas look more urban; there are more secondary roads lit). Minor performance hit, which may have been due more to the clouds (I have the cloud graphics turned all the way up) than the mod.

Definitely a nice little addition. Now if we could get a good payware KPVD… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the Fly Tampa KBOS for quite a while now. IMO - it’s one of the best aftermarket airports out there. The level of detail is just amazing. Yesterday, after completing a flight, I decided to go to drone mode and wander around. At ramp level, in a space under the main terminal, I saw a dumpster sitting there. I figured that was a nice touch, considering you could barely see it from a normal view from the aircraft. The truly cool part was when I droned behind it, I saw it was labeled “Violia Environmental” (a real company that is present in the Boston area), complete with their logo and phone number. I’m shocked. That’s just beyond crazy attention to detail. I’ll go back and grab a screen shot at some point and post it. For those that have KBOS and want to check it out, it was near gate C30.

1 Like

So the circle is complete, and balance has come to the Force: we have a T.F. Green now.

I know at least one person will be happy to hear this…

3 Likes

LOL, you just made my day Dave. I’ll report back later this weekend with my impressions of it. Anything is better than the current KPVD.

I’m hit with this as soon as I click:

There’s a pretty fair and accurate review posted in this forum, so I refer you to that.

The big miss is the lack of GA/cargo apron spots on the N side of the field. Only the gates are available as spawn points. Other than that, it’s decent. Maybe slightly overpriced for what’s there.

1 Like

The review is spot on. I also noticed some graphical glitches on a few of the windows. All that being said - I’m only using PVD for commercial flying, the GA / cargo issue doesn’t really affect me and it’s light years beyond what the stock airport looked like, so all in all, I’m pretty happy with my purchase. Last MA airport on my wish list is Plymouth (MA) Municipal, KPYM.

Looks like working ATC is a high-pressure job. I’m glad those poor folks are allowed to take the edge off when things get really bad, such as when Logan is covered in sea fog.

1 Like