Any way to install without the XBox app?

MS Store isn’t a loader for anything other than MS Store software/games. xbox app allows you to link other accounts and run games etc for other platforms directly from the xbox app. If you like that kind of thing.

You can also buy games etc directly from this app

Off the top of my head I have the following Xbox related apps (I mean related by name not the console)…

Xbox Smart glass
Xbox companion
Xbox app

The fourth I really cannot remember I am not on my PC right now. At this point I believe the first two above could be removed as they have been superseded by the Xbox app?

Sorry I should have added I have already prevented the Xbox app from loading with windows.

I feel EXACTLY the same as you! Until now we don’t need X-BOX on the PC, it makes me sick that they put us more and more and more programs. If FS2020 updated without problems without X-BOX so far I don’t see why add more bloatware.
And that’s not all, since the last update came out, we have to see how to get it to update, the program sends us to the store, the store says that everything is up to date, and it is an endless cycle. After TWO DAYS with the program without being able to do anything, just TODAY at the last minute it started to update and is over and over and over again downloading the same file at a miserable speed (when are the servers going to fix it? ?). They hold us hostage with the updates, I don’t understand why they don’t do them in the background like Windows and when it’s complete it lets us know. Every time I have free time and I want to use the program, I find an update.
And that’s not all, I don’t care about world updates … I AM NOT - INTERESTED - I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD GIGAS and gigabytes of something that I’m not going to use.
I just left a comment in the store, to my surprise, he told me that he couldn’t do it, to try later … I tried 7 or 8 times, to my surprise, when I changed the rating from 1 star to 3 stars he just let me do it . It is very sad that a show has more negative than positive ratings. I do not deny that it is visually spectacular, but it still gives me the impression that they have charged us dearly for a BETA

Yes, I think you can remove smartglass and companion, although I believe companion still has some features not yet available on xbox app. See here:

I bet it was Gamebar.

You don’t need any of them if you don’t want them. I haven’t. Just the Xbox app for installs, it seems, and only then. Or if you want any of the features it has.

Thank you mate - I don’t really ‘use’ them anyway so I doubt very much I would notice the, gone. :wink:

1 Like

gamebar is OK - has some useful performance montioring if you’ve not got an alternative. Personally I don’t use any of them

TBH I didn’t get on with it; I use the nVidia Experience thingy for monitoring purposes.

1 Like

You don’t get it, do you?

I bought the game in the MS store. You can buy, update, and start software from it. That’s what I need, that’s what it does. Explain to me again why I need the Xbox app as game launcher if that functionality should be covered by the MS app for the Sim I bought on the MS store?

Everything is done by MS here, no 3rd party software involved. Nevertheless I have better chances of getting it to work if I install totally unrelated MS software I really don’t need.

And MS itself is absolutely no help. Their “solution” is absolutely ridiculous. They claim it’s caused by old windows versions (why does the store not tell you?) but I’m on 20H2, which in the way MS is counting is higher than 1909 because math for some reason.

1 Like

Yes I believe you may well be correct with the game bar thing. I believe I do use it for screen shots. As for the other I don’t believe they offer me any features I really want or need, other of course now knowing it has to be there apparently for installing MSFS updates. :+1:

Out of interest do you already have other ‘Xbox’ apps installed, particularly the Xbox companion?

Oh I get it alright. Feel free to not install it and enjoy your simming.

1 Like

You can use the Task Manager.
Click Startup
Click XBOX APP Services to disable it from loading at startup.

1 Like

Has anyone considered that this might just have been a glitch? We’ve not needed it up to now and some folks didn’t need it this time. I think we need to wait and see if this is going to be a permanent “feature”.

Making mountians out of molehills…

Pc windows store version:

Install xbox app, log on, then set its options to run at start , minimized in background. Then forget about it.

Go to start menu and find msfs, right click and select add shortcut to task bar or start menu or desk top…

Done.

1 Like

How can I update my flight sim? I bought from MS Store and I have been able to perform previous updates but

I think there’s some maintenance taking place with the forums today

And if you go offline whilst using the sim you need to repair reset and sync again with Microsoft account then reinstall the xbox app. Happened to me yesterday and spent the best part of an hour trying to get back online in the Sim. So just keep it installed.

2 Likes

actually this is not only one xbox soft you need for microsoft store pc msfs 2020, and i wish this would be only one the “problem” :slight_smile:
p.s. i just check it out and found only one microsoft not windows service, actually two as this use two executive files GamingServicesNet.exe and GamingServices.exe… so even if this “bloatware” xbox service in use it’s only when you play in msfs 2020

lol this is windows services :slight_smile: