Anybody getting tiny stutters on ground after WU6?

Does not matter. For some reason it works, even in non-PG areas. Try it!! Worked for me globally. I rarely fly in PG but it worked everywhere.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow and report back. Although I like flying with PG on. So I’ll likely just try it as a test.

Hmm that’s an interesting result.

My theory is, you have a cpu bottleneck hence the stutters and increasing graphics settings to ultra lowers fps a bit and introduces a Gpu bottleneck.

I didn’t really have stuttering.
I had 1 to 5 fps on the ground once I started moving or anytime I panned the camera (inside or out) while on the ground. Once I took off fps would return to normal. I could turn settings to low end and taxi and take off OK then return settings to ultra. However once I tried turning PG off everything returned to normal minus PG which I like. I am hoping the upcoming hot fix with solve it and I can turn PG back on.

1 Like

I also have those stutters while fyling at low altitudes or taxing on the ground after WU6.
No stutters before the last Update.

1 Like

Setting the Ultra Preset seemed to improve the stuttering a lot here. Even at major airports like KSEA it was 99% smooth.

AMD 5800x, AMD 6700 xt, 32 GB, SSD.

1 Like

I have a i9 10900KF and 3080 and 64 GB RAM.

It’s weird.

Before WU6 it would run perfectly on any setting.

I guess everybody is affected differently

1 Like

I’m getting these stutters on the ground after looking away from buildings. Precaching set to Ultra doesn’t help.

While on the ground frame rates are approximately 10fps lower than in the air, however I personally feel that this was introduced with SU5.

For me this was definitely introduced after WU6.

I always start every flight cold and dark, so taxiing and take off are part of my routine. Before WU6, ground performance scaled normally with my settings (exclusively VR). After WU6 (right from the very first test flight after the update), I experienced stutters while taxi, and very bad freezing when turning onto the runway. Taking off is horrible with multiple freezing until reaching 300 or so feet… then things settle down and smooth out.

Tried turning off photogrammetry as suggested in this thread. Problem gone. Smooth as before WU6. And this is at ANY airport… even in non-photogrammetry areas.

I’ve tried every combination of LOD, pre-cashing, rolling cash on NVMe and Ram Disk, etc. with the same result. The only cure is turning off photogrammetry.

100% this was caused by something that was changed during WU6. Hotfix changed nothing for this issue.
System:
2070 super
Ryzen 5 3600X
32GB ram
NVMe install disk
Gigabit Internet (hardline connected)
Absolutely NOTHING running in the background… clean reboot before every session.

2 Likes

Not terrible but maybe one or two from parking to runway. Otherwise frames are super smooth with just about everything cranked up.

I’m also having some stuttering in the ground now

I started seeing this too, for me, after a lot of trying different settings, it came down to me having Pre-Cache Terrain (or whatever it’s called) on Ultra. Setting it to High solved my stutters. You’d think being on the ground would reduce the need to pre-cache terrain and objects.

I want to note too that as I was watching the CPU/GPU/mem/disk when it was stuttering, it was solely a CPU bound issue. So, I think by some of you going to Ultra, you’ve moved the bottleneck to the GPU, which handles stutters better. And remember friends, there will always be a bottleneck. Don’t take that the wrong way please.

I get ground stutters so bad it’s unusable - Previous build worked fine.

Not only on ground but also in the air. Draw distance and smoothness of the sim was better before the update.

Not a technology expert (but not ignorant either) – could this have anything to do with bandwidth or MSFS’s servers? I too get stuttering when taxiing, particularly at busy airports (KLAX, KSFO, definitely KJFK, KORD, sometimes but not always at KDFW) - I also have mutliplayer on… and as others have already suggested, whenever I take off, FPS goes back to “normal”.

Could this be a server or bandwidth issue where multiplayer being on and servers are just overstressed vs it being our actual hardware?

Well, as I stated above:

Photogrammetry ON - STUTTERS, MICROFREEZES ON TAKEOFF / LANDING

Photogrammetry OFF - SMOOTH TAXI AND TAKEOFF

These are in all airports, large and small, in non-photogrammetry areas. Multiplayer setting equal on both.

Before WU6 I had NEVER turned off photogrammetry. It was never a factor. After WU6… it’s suddenly become one… very frustrating.

Testing my internet connection I get 950+Mbit/s DOWN and 850+Mbit/s UP on a gigabit line.

3 Likes

…maybe you can test by downloading an area to manual cache and see if you still get stutters?

If you use the right MFD to pan in on the airport while taxying it will do this. Just use the VR map instead.

Not here, I am not experiencing any stutters since WU6