Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

Go to Airports and type 76T - with your set up I expect you might need to Ctrl Alt Del, but would be interested to see if you can make it back through the menu.

1 Like

Was 76T faster before the update?

Not sure…

Its like an evil race of aliens have arrived and 76T is their Hive, from there they spawn their children through out the globe and all the eat is FPS.

I swear theirs a book and a movie in their somewhere,.

1 Like

So basically, we know that one spot in the whole world (76T) is slow, but we don’t know if it was slow before or if it’s only recently become slow?

And we know nothing about other slow spots?

Fly west out of EGHH bournemouth. Have developer mode enabled and framerates on. After about 3 miles you will hit a black spot that will eat 20-30 FPS. Now depending on your utilisation you may or may not see that visually but its being logged and the errors are being defined and categorised by the MSFS developer tool.

The forum is full of people able to pinpoint exact locations - lines in the geography where this happens, so no its not just the mother of all FPS eaters 76t, there are many examples of it.

1 Like

Great! Have you reported them to Asobo with exact directions to reproduce?

1 Like

Of course.

Then your work is done.

Sim has been going great. But going to drone view and returning to the cockpit now cuts frames in half (40, to 20fps).

No previous issues with this, and in the same area I generally fly.

Gigabyte Aero 15 x9 (i7 8750k)
2070RTX
32GB RAM
1TB SSD
Windows 10 up to date

Running at 1080p locked to 40fps in Nvidia settings.

Happening even with simple aircraft, such as the Robin DR400.

76T is fine

with draw on terrain off

Is “draw on terrain” one of the developer settings? Are you saying turning it off resolves the performance problem?

Same issue, always on the same spot, whether i choose “draw on terrain” on or off. My specs: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 32Gb RAM, NVidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, pagefile 32 Gb on SSD (same drive as the OS). I guess the spot i submitted is the same one as @Player744061147 mentionned. I started from EGHH based on his feedback

Oh, interesting. Where do you find the logs ? Is it the BuilderLogError.txt file ?

Ahh sorry to mislead I mean the tool they provide is gathering the root cause of the issues. Main thread, Manipulator etc…

Now Jörg Neumann has indicated that “they” receive information about each crash, but whether they get this additional level of detail or if there is a specific log file on our machines I dont know.

Ah, ok, no worry. It is not really a crash here. It is more a sudden overload of the CPU, related to some specific locations (which do not seem to be too demanding on the simu). Except those locations, the sim is smooth like butter most of the time (i don’t speak about the photogrammetry locations, like London or Orlando). I guess those guys who have CPU with more cores or threads than mine are less affected by this overload, but it is annoying, since it does not seem to be related to any world changes, tile loading, physic constraints or CoherentGT features. I am also very concerned about the number of drawcalls or vertices, since i make free sceneries by myself (like this one: Dallas City • Microsoft Flight Simulator), and in the spots where it happens, i do not see any undesired increase in the number of drawcalls or vertices.

I have the same exact hardware but I get the fps drop and stutters. Didn’t before last update everything worked great despite a lot of people reporting issues after various updates. But this update did it for me. Very unhappy right now.

1 Like

Are you flying in a different area, perhaps? It seems only some areas are affected by fps drops?

Nope all area’s are affected to some extent or other. At least the 4 or 5 Ive tried recently.

I’ve tested in sparse scenery areas that I always fly with no stutters of fps drops. Last test was down the florida gulf coast from Sarasota to Ft Myers-Page in the g58. It was fine for the first few minutes of flight and then the stutters started and did not stop. Had to quit the sim.

This is a strange bug, considering we have identical hardware. Glad you are issue free at least. I am not so lucky

Does it always take several minutes of flight for performance to drop?