Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

And secondarily, if you spawn at the same location directly does it start having performance problems immediately?

Whether coincidental or not, (in VR), when I zoom right out on the VFR map it stops stuttering and fps increases

OK but I assume most of the problems here noted relate to 2D.
You and others are quite right about 76T which doesnt work at all. however I am quite sure
that that is a completely different problem. This has to do with the way scenery is delivered
or defined. My guess is that this issue will be very simply solved. Looks more like an oversight.
But the general complaint of stuttering is probably a completely seperate issue. I think MS has said
that by looking at this issue other issues have come to the fore. The problem with 76T may well be one of those.
These are complex issues which will be solved though.

76T isnt just slow. There is a very basic scenery disfunction. I think a seperate issue.
By now I guess Asobo know exactly what the problems are. I am not aware that they have been asking for additional examples. The problem right now will be the fix.

I would strongly council against starting to change lots of settings not unless you keep track. When the fix for all this is delivered you will want to reinstate settings. I think it is fair to say that the solution to the problem lies with Asobo and MS end, not your app settings.

Amen
more truth was never spoken.
I would add that under the present circumstances changing lots of settings in the app at home may just be the totally wrong thing to do.
To understand any fix or evaluate it when it comes out, one needs the normal setup to be running.

1 Like

I’ve been able to fix my framerate by simply alt-tabbing back to the desktop for a few minutes and then back to the game.

CPU: I7-8700K (No OC, 60-70% utilization with MSFS)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (100% utilization with MSFS)
RAM: 16GB (up to 90% utilization with MSFS)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
Areas recently flown: San Diego CA, New York City, St. Thomas VI
Aircraft types recently flown: Carenado Arrow, Carenado C182, Just Flight Arrow, Bonanza G36
Up to 200Mb/s internet download speed with Spectrum San Diego.

Performance with sim update 3, (In High Detail, 1920 X1080 display resolution):
No noticeable change with update. Smooth 30 FPS 1700ft directly over Manhattan NYC in the G36 with no noticeable jitters even though my GPU and RAM usage are pushed to the limits.
Navigraph MSFS, Just Flight Arrow, and several airports addons in my Community folder.

Why are so many users with much more capable systems experiencing very poor framerate and jitter issues?

For me the 1st flight this morning it was like 5 min before it started. Couple of hours later almost 40 min and then it started (right as I was approaching me dest.) The last time couple of hours ago it was stuttering on the runway right after spawn.\

Doesnt seem to matter where I spawn Ohio Texas Pa Montana always the same.

Yes, I can confirm this is precisely the issue I’ve been encountering. Unfortunately I find this invisible FPS killer around YSSY and the new KDCA… I haven’t previously had very many issues to complain about.

Just tested 76T and yes, it is a nightmare place for the simu. Manipulators seem to be broken here.

Just updated to newly released Nvidia driver 461.92
RTX 3090/i9-10850K no overclocks/running both @ stock
32GB RAM 3600Mhz
No add-ons…Just MSFS 2020 stock application with latest updates
Windows 10 Home 20H2 with latest updates
Play @ 4K resolution with all graphic settings set @ Ultra defaults/Live Weather On/Multiplayer Off

Flight from LAX to San Diego (Clear day with some clouds at altitude)
Take off at LAX was 40FPS increasing as I gained altitude
FPS increased up to 61FPS at a altitude of 7,343Ft
60-65 FPS maintained throughout entire flight up until descent (47FPS).

Encountered limited by CPU stutters on takeoff where my CPU load jumped up to 35% load and GPU load dropped down to 50%, but within 30 seconds it cleared up and went back to GPU limited with a 99% GPU load (15-18% CPU load) being maintained the entire flight.

Interestingly a lot of people also report high CPU temps when the stutters occur.

Makes you wonder if the game is looping some sort of AVX instructions as they are notorious for overheating CPUs .

Nothing for me.

I9-9900K
EVGA 2080
32GB
FOAR-HAAB/HAAB-WMKK etc
All flights in 787-10

To all those who are not having issues, can you please try a quick test for @Tweak112

Go to "76T (Bishop) " and see how it performs. This location seems to be problematic and repeatable for a lot of people.

Thanks.

@Tweak112 's post is here…

Is anyone actually flying after this update? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

My cpu’s normal temps when flying is 48-52C and when the stuttering occurs my temps jump up to mid 60’s until the stuttering stops. I have no game in my library that exceeds 57C when gaming, since I’m not overclocked with a 280mm AIO cpu cooler.

1 Like

Would love to test this out but I can’t even play the game as I’m stuck on a constant loop on the loading page.

3FPS immediately for me trying to spawn at 76T. Couldn’t even load in from the ‘Fly Now’ screen.

At least Asobo made a further announcement about the issue today. Hopefully in tomorrows weekly developer email, they’ll be some further news.

2 Likes

76T is as dead as a door nail: 3 FPS.

1 Like

I get them off the beach on the north end of siesta key. Its so reliable that this is now my test area when I am attempting tweaks to fix this myself. Odd thing is yesterday I did a 180 and came back at from the north and no stutters. Leaves me hope that this whole thing is server related and it may just go away on its own one day.

PG always seems to be better on a second pass also. Why not on the first pass I dont know.