Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

Looks like Bishop will be an excellent yardstick to confirm things when the fix eventually comes out.

1 Like

That’s because most games are GPU-bound, leaving CPU resources unused.
But as long as it is doesn’t overheat, the temperature is a quite bad measurement for anything in terms of performance.

I just thank the dear lord asobo was not in charge of apollo 13

Apollo 13 “Houston we have a problem”

ASOBO “ya ya well get to you when we get to you. You are in a complex machine with complex software. Besides: we can refer you to people who will explain how you just need to shut up and be grateful your still alive at all”

1 Like

No negative impact. If anything an improvement in 1% low

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Radeon 6800XT
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600
Operating System: Win10 20H2
Areas recently flown: London, New York, Agadir, Durban, Cape Town
Aircraft types recently flown: A32NX Dev, Pitts, Cessna 172 Garmin

I think the reason not everyone is having this slide show bug is that it’s very location specific and often a well defined area. You fly outside those areas and there no issues, so it appears you are ok. I had it on approach to Athens from the east. If you see no issues try 76T, genuinely interested if your setups avoid the issues.

For those dropping to desktop and reporting on return it’s ok have you paused the flight? If not then the return to normal frame rates is probably due to leaving the affected area.

Interesting. Doesn’t matter where i go. From 60FPS outside view to 30 or below. CPU temps around 90 degrees and limited by Mainthread. Haven’t had any problems before the update.

No matter what the sim does, please consider checking your cooling and airflow, it is obviously too weak.
It will extend the lifetime of your CPU if you keep temps at reasonable levels even at max load.

I just hope that most of us can assess the criticality of fps issues in a sim vs a moon expedition :wink:

2 Likes

As I said, I didn’t have this problems before the patch. MSFS is the only game I reach those temperatures. Anyways, thank you for your concern and recommendation!

1 Like

You did. Just because the sim is now suddenly utilizing more of your CPU doesn’t mean that if anything else would have utilized it before the patch you wouldn’t get these temperatures.
It’s plain and simple, if your CPU gets hot, it’s not the issue of software but your cooling. You’re buying a CPU for it to be used as much as possible not to always sit around 50%.

2 Likes

This is funny, because I have the same problem doesnt matter wether PG or Bing or no DATA is set on and my systems heat factor never rises, always close to the same thing. If I kill iCue and SteelSeries software from the system tray, it gets a bit better (actually had an 1 1/2 hour flight with data off before it started yesterday) but it always comes back no matter where I fly…

Im kind of hoping its related to the MS Azure issue currnetly going on.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if this is effecting newer gpu’s only. I’m running I7 9700k, gtx 1070, 32 gig 3200 ram,windows 10 64 bit,western digital 1tb nvme drive. Never had a crash,blue screen…nothing not once. I update when they come out and that’s it. No add ons, no messing with files. I figured I wouldn’t add anything 3d party untill sim matures a bit. Running high settings with a few on ultra. Hope this helps. Also,I fly airbus and Cessna mostly all over the world. Oh and the main question…no frame rate drops.

i7-6 / 1080 ti and i7-10 1660ti both do the same thing, one machine its been installed on since sept the 1080 machine, and the other I installed over the weekend on and still the same thing on both machines…

Edit:

Just made a flight (the usual route) left hopkins 620 am turned east trimed out at 1500’ so far fps is showing 38-40 no PG just Bing, I pass Cleveland on the left, look out the the left at the city, OH NO 38 drops 21 and minor stutter, but just one, continue on my way fps resumes back to 38-40, so far so good, sun starts comming up in the east (ohhhh pretty hehe) check the clock 6:50 in the air 30min so far good, turn to the N toward the lake, then head E toward Erie, Yes Yes we’re going to make it to Erie this morning…BOOM (again) instant stutters and 4 fps…Time of Death 7:04 am Eastern Time.

Hmmmm curiouser and curiouser just about the time people are logging in for school / work / etc.
Though from previous test with this problem, Im sure if I restarted the game it would run okay for 5-60 mins before the stutters of death appear…

Interesting if it is only newer GPUs (and massively frustrating). Could you take a flight from 76T?

CPU: core i7 8700k
GPU: RTX 2080ti
RAM: 32Gb
Operating System: Win 10.
Areas recently flown: US, EU, Asia etc
Aircraft types recently flown: C152
I’m a landmarks developer. I noticed a big drop in fps in the last few days. It has become really noticeable to the eye. Especially when I move in developer camera mode. Earlier in the same locations (yes, even in New York) was 60fps, occasionally dropped to 45-50. Now do not rise above 35, and when you move and change the point of view and even fall to 10-15! Which is quite a lot of complications. BTW, I haven’t updated the video card drivers.

Helloooooo

I have the same system as you have:

Ryzen 5 2600
RX580 8 GB
Windows 10 Home Edition

Flying with the DA62, C152, APS S2S, CTLS & JMB VL-3, I didnt feel any performance drop in my system. The problem I have is with the FBW A320, before the very last update I didnt have any problem and now I have stutters all the time and less FPS.

Areas flown: Germany, Poland, Sweden, Norway & Danmark.

I have just flown from Biggin Hill to Northolt including a fly around London in my trusty Cessna 172 with graphic settings on ultra. I had the AI aircraft down to 10% [I can’t get a word in edgewise trying to get clearance to land otherwise] and had no problems, it ran smoothly.
I had real world weather on by the way.
Am I just lucky?
Please don’t ask me anything about my P.C. I am an old crinkly that knows nothing about computers. My son however is a professional and he built it for me. :blush:
GeForce RTX 3070
Intel[R] Core, [™] i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90Hz
15.92 RAM

It seams that the fps is all over the place.
I9-9900K at 4.8ghz
32GB 3600mhz
Nvidia RTX-2070
I did a flight from CYYZ to KCLE short hop using the A320
Video setting Ultra and high running 2K with 2 monitors 27"
The first leg once I was decending to 10,000 feet close to Cleveland the fps dropped drastically from 38fps to 12fps which lasted about 12 seconds then went back to 38fps for the rest of the flight.
So I repeated the flight but this time with camera ready to capture the screenshot when it happens in developers mode. Guess what no frame rate drop stayed at 38-42 fps?

I should say I never had fps drops before always 38-42fps after every update.
Seams like a memory leak in the scenery but why does it not repeat doing the same flight plan?

For me, I’m not getting any worse FPS from World Update III.
I’m still limited by Single Thread Performance which is annoying when I have 24 threads running at 4.8GHZ!

AMD Ryzen 3900X @ Stock
GTX 1080
32GB RAM @ 3200 MHz

Running at Medium/High at 1080P on a 2K Monitor.

Pretty much limited by Main Thread everywhere unless I fly over New York or a massive city and then my aging 1080 shows its colours.

In Cockpit at EGGD:
C152: 65fps
C172: 55fps
DA52: 52fps
Airbus A320 (Vanilla): 35fps
Boeing 747: 33fps

I feel like if they allowed more than 1 thread to operate 99% of the sim, I could get double those frames!!

I just installed the 461.92-desktop-win10-64bit nvidia driver for my 3080 and the problem
no longer exist.

1 Like

caching maybe? that would certainly point to a server related problem.
Either way, Asobo seem to have identified the issues so best people dont frig around with their setups.
There will be a fix soon. I am beginning to get the feeling that changes were made in that Sim update to the way scenery is ‘delivered’ to the desktops from the servers. I could be wrong of course.
we will soon know.