Anyone seen increase Stutters over the last few days?

Has anyone else seen an increase in freezes over the last few days? I’m in the UK if the servers are relevant.

3 Likes

no maybe set in Graphics VSYNC on and FPS limited to 30. Thats work fine for me with constantly 28 - 31 FPS on all flights

2 Likes

Topic moved into #self-service:install-performance-graphics

The Bug Reporting category is for confirmed bugs using the template provided. When seeking advice, not sure if it’s a bug or other issues; use: #self-service

Before posting a bug in #bugs-and-issues, search to see if there’s an existing topic to add to it.

That’s what I normally have tbh. I don’t really want to mess around with my settings as I have a good set up, and it’s only started in the last few days which makes me think it’s something to do with the servers.

1 Like

I’m on an Xbox Series X and I’ve noticed these; periodically, even though I can hear the engine, the aircraft just pauses for a few seconds and then continues. [I’ve also seen this pause while looking around]. I’ve restarted the Xbox and sim several times, deleted and reenabled my rolling cache, but nothing seems to “fix” the problem.

1 Like

I have them but not only in uk, I have then everywhere a lil bit yea

2 Likes

Ahh I just posted UK for extra info in case it was the UK server but it seems not.

I’ve in the UK as well. I’ve been getting stutters all weekend. The last good flight I had was on Thursday. Didn’t’ bother flying on Friday due to work, but yesterday and today is a complete stutter fest me. Haven’t done anything to my rig at all, no updates except for the FBW 320 dev update. I check/update this everyday, that’s the only change. it doesn’t matter what plane I’m in, it’s still a stutter fest.
I’ve done several test flights from Orly to Heathrow, Munich to Bristol and all the same.

2 Likes

Exactly my situation, at least it’s not our PCs

3 Likes

Same here, Stutter / pauses fest flying mostly between spain airports. German server conection.
FPS locked at 30

3 Likes

i flew yesterday and today in spain, germany, Japan and austria, with no pause and stutters, allwas ok by 30FPS

1 Like

Me too, German server connection, since Friday I have continous microstutters while panning around, even at 35000 feet. This does sound like a server issue, but well who knows.

2 Likes

Yess true SU8 made the stutters even worse RIP

Yesterday flew with no problems.

This morning, every 3-5 seconds at least a half-second stutter while flying and more frequent micro-stutters during panning. I had to shut it down about 20 minutes after takeoff it was so bad.

Tried again tonight and same thing. Thought it might be FSRealistic and uninstalled that but no help.

Sounds like a broader issue affecting a bunch of people so not going to go crazy making radical changes to settings, etc.

1 Like

Anyone using YourControls? Could be a cause for stutters even when not activated.

I stumbled on this yesterday and I can tell you that it fixed it.

1 Like

Mine actually started a while after sim update 8, it was weird. Initially SU8 was fine for me.

1 Like

So true, if your sim was okay before SU8, wait for Asobo to fix it, it’s NOT your PC!

1 Like

You may be waiting for a while.
It could be that it’s not that high on Asobo’s radar, and it could be caused by something as simple as a Window’s update around the same time frame, which may make it quite hard to find.
While there are a few posts here on it, the amount of users with this issue compared to the two million plus copies sold is relatively small.

It may be more prudent to find out why you have the issue, while a large majority don’t.

I see your point but also disagree somewhat. It’s true our computers are constantly changing such as windows and GPU driver updates, as are the MSFS servers so things than can be an issue one day can cure themselves the next.

I would suggest a lot more people who have MSFS are experiencing this issue, not everyone will bother to report it on the forum or indeed know the forum exists, some done play frequently enough to spot these issues, some will assume it’s their PC, some won’t even care about stutters.

I really don’t think we will get to the bottom of the problem if it’s caused by MSFS servers or drivers, and changing settings are unlikely to fix these types of issues. I just try and be patient with Asobo and know my PC and NVCP have the best possible settings, just accepting occasionally we run into issues.

1 Like