Anyone use Volanta here?

I’ve recently started using Volanta and made four flights today - Volanta only recognised the first one though.

I landed, taxied to the gates, parked, left the engines running, reprogrammed my FMC and then requested takeoff from ATC each time.

Clearly I messed up but does anyone know with respect to Volanta what actually consists a flight??

I mainly fly GA and it registers the end of a flight automatically usually with engine cutoff.

On the flight page, you can click End Flight, get ready for take-off and click start new flight before you start rolling. It’ll then record four flights, assuming four legs to your route.

Moved to Interests-Utilities and added volanta tag.

Hmm, on flights tab, I select this flight and it only lists the first leg - on the map it shows all the legs but I can see no way to break it up now?

I guess I need to get Volanta visible somehow - I have nothing to show it on when flying so usually just let it end the flight in the background but normally i only do single flights.

Can they be edited?

Edit in retrospec? No, I’m afraid I’ve not found a way.

If on PC, have it in the backgroundf and ALT+TAB to it on landing, End the flight and then set-up the next one and then ALT+TAB back to the sim. Is how I used to do it until I got a second monitor.

1 Like

OK, thanks, so its either Alt-Tab and end or shut the engines down and restart.

Seems ok :slight_smile:

Tested this today, the only way i could get it to auto-end a flight is to return to the world planner.

I used the alt-tab-end flight method and it worked perfectly.

Whats everyone running Volanta or a similar Log system on?

I can’t add another screen directly to my setup as it would drain some of the few FPS I’m struggling to maintain :wink:

I tried running on my laptop on the same wifi with Volanta also running on the main PC (I think this needs to be running???) But while it did log the start and end of each flight, it did not track me on the live map which seems a bit odd?

I guess I’m looking for the cheapest way to get a screen running on wifi or usb connection?? So second hand iPad maybe??