Anyone used A Pilot's Life: Chapter 2?

So I’m considering buying A Pilot’s Life, and it seems there’s more discontent with the second version of it than with the V1. What I haven’t seen anyone mention here is, what are the advantages of the new version over the first that would justify choosing it at this point? I mean, on SimMarket, V1 is about half the price of V2…why would I want to pay more for a product that actual users seem to like LESS?

I’ve already used NeoFly and SkyPark and neither satisfies. APL SOUNDS exactly like what I want, but I’m confused by the version issues mentioned above.

Additionally…either version would work with the new Fenix A320, right?

1 Like

I’m on the fence with this too.

I’ve played AH2 for over a year and have millions, it scratches that GA itch for me and there is NeoFly anyway. I really like it and will keep playing it occasionally but looking at this too as it sounds interesting.

Whats the verdict if you’ve never played V1, is it worth picking up?

The career addon market is crying out for something awesome, it would make a fortune in this sim if it was done right. Imagine being able to buy your own airport and then purchase / upgrade 3D buildings in it, that kind of stuff, it would be awesome. Combine NeoFly with OnAir and AH2 etc.

Kind of like ETS2 in MSFS.

3 Likes

Yes I use Fenix and FBW also PMDG with Version 1 and 2, I Like Version 2 for my needs.
(SIMBRIEF)

This is my Experience currently employed By Easyjet, literally now on a flight from OJAQ to EGCC. After this flight with the Fenix A320. I have decided to sign a contract with PSA on the CRJ 700/900. (As I only fly real time and weather my bodyclock will have to adapt)

As I am a bit fed up flying A320 although you can Fly any plane, (Gives you options to change aircraft, if you buy the License, with the money you earn)

I personally think its a great add on, Version 2 gives you more options also your rated on your landings and procedures i.e landing lights, taxi lights…

2 Likes

Hmm…looking at SimMarket again, it looks like you can buy V1 for 16.75 euro, then on the Chapter 2 version it says:

" If you previously purchased SIMBITWORLD - A PILOT’S LIFE at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 13.40 only."

16.75 + 13.40 = 30.15

So as long as they’re extending that offer to people who CURRENTLY purchase V1 (post-release of V2), you can own both for a tiny fraction more than the V2 full price (30 euro) and decide which one is for you.

1 Like

I purchased V1 almost on release date so upgrade to V2 was no brainer.

Thanks…I’ll think I’ll buy V1, then buy V2 for 13.40, try V2 and if there’s something that doesn’t suit me, I’ll at least have V1 to see if it’s something that’s different there.

Thanks for your feedback!

That’s a good idea if it works! Would you mind letting us know if it does? I’l grab both too.

V1 is in my opionion is still great, some users that have upgraded to vers 2 still prefer version 1 as it suits their needs.

I know there are some comments its a bit samey, however you choose the schedule, and I have flown to places I would nevervthink of flying to. You have the options to apply to different Airline company.

Also you can skip certain flights you dont fancy, but it comes out of your wage packet.

So, I’m looking at the airlines that have offered me a job (in v2), and trying to determine which of those is the best choice for my licensed plane (A320). Is there a way to see what their routes are running before accepting a job? I’m looking at real-world fleet stats for each airline…I’m wondering if APL has accurately duplicated that?

Yes there is info button which shows their routes

Oops…nevermind, I found it!

It does work, BTW. I have both, currently trying V2.

2 Likes

What I can’t figure out is how to get APL to connect to MSFS. It worked with SimBrief with no configuration at all, but it doesn’t discover MSFS running.

APL uses FSUIPC7.exe to connect with FS2020. Once you install and run that, everything will connect up.

http://www.fsuipc.com/

2 Likes

yup…I discovered that a few minutes ago! :slight_smile: Thanks for your reply though, the support is appreciated!

1 Like

Is it possible to update the scheduled routes via VAschedules? It says last update was April 7. Would be nice to have most up to date.

Thanks - appreciate you letting me know.

I’ll be picking up both now I know it works.

Hope you are enjoying V2.

Yeah, so far I’ve found literally nothing not to like about v2…it’s exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

Might try APL too. Been flying GA aircraft. But bought the Fenix A320 and starting to like it a lot.

Skypark is not good for airliners imho. Barely get any hits if I tick the ‘must have ILS’. Got 0 hits for all of Australia the other day…I know an update is comming, but as of now its mostly for bush flying etc, imho.

Same with Neofly: barely any hits for ‘ILS+hard SFC+lights’. And if I get some hits (max 4h flights) its to some minor airports only.

So APL sounds good to fill in what I have been missing: have a reason to fly from A to B, and ‘work’ in/out of some major hubs. Will try it out…

1 Like

Thinking about getting this. I mainly fly in Australia. Does the game feature schedules for Qantas, Virgin Australia, and Jetstar?

Thanks.