Anyone using NeoFly v4?

I’m interested in using this but want to use the Kodiak… it appears at various airports for sale but starting out I have $5000. LOL. I hate these apps that force you to start in Kindegarten with a 152. Anyway, is there anyway to hack this app to increase my cash or the planes I own or something?

1 Like

In NF3 you had acess to the database but I cant find it in NF4. Suspect the developer has hidden it :man_shrugging:

TBH I’m enjoying trying to build up my level but I do mainly use NF3 as I fly a round the world trip and edit the DB to use any aircraft I want on the next trip.

NF4 was supposed to be released for everyone after summer holidays. Regarding the original question in NF3 you can disable all that career type limitations and just fly the missions you want without restrictions. I guess something like that could be also available on NF4 but I didn´t try that new version yet.

Cheers

1 Like

In version 3 you had the option to take a credit. With doing missions and sending pilots on missions it was easy to pay back. Is there no sich option in Vers. 4 anymore?

1 Like

You can sell your starting aircraft, you can take a loan, you can rent the aircraft - all available. Works great.

2 Likes

Ooh. Ive only quickly dabbled with it but thanks for this info. Will take a deeper look now.

1 Like

I have yet to upgrade to v4 because I believe the add-ons still only work in the released versions of v3.

I would be curious to hear anyone’s opinions that has moved from v3 to v4. Regrets or otherwise.

I will say that the longer they wait to release V4 , the more money they are getting so you can use V4.
SO let see if I’m right as they will wait a little more longer to release it. I’m OK with that as it is a free (for now) software. Keep up the good work!!

Yep, I just flew for 6 hours and the plane flipped over during a turn on the runway during taxing… and I am so ■■■■■■, so I want to cheat and give myself the money, but cant seem to work out a way?? I might take a mission and just manually move myself in the sim and see if that helps.

Will a v3 user profile be able to be imported into v4?

I’m really not into starting all over when I’m finally starting to accrue some funds.

There was a YouTube video I watched explaining step by step how to edit the database on V3.

I had to do this once because my plane crashed due to a terrain defect.

V3 profile cannot be imported. The dB is not accessible. If you want to cheat then it’s not for you.

Ok, if that is the case, I’ll just halt with v3 (I only started a few days ago) and either wait on v4 or I’ll donate to the cause (certainly, the right thing to do) and get early access to it now.

Thanks for the clarification.

I’ve looked for the answer to this and I can’t find it on their help pages. I went to their Discord and waited an hour but got no response. I don’t want to start on one of their plane options - I would like to fly a Grumman Goose on my missions. Can I just hop in and do that? If so, can someone tell me where the instuctions are for that?

Thanks.

Never mind. I was able to figure out how to add the Grumman, but when I went on my qualifying flight I was told to maintain altitude. Three seconds later, before I could even level off, I was told that I had failed and was instructed to head back to the airport. No thanks, deinstalled. I’ll try one of the many others.

2 Likes

So… we are all waiting here, how did you manage to add a new plane/edit V4 Database?
Cheers.

There is a free download called DB Browser (SQLite). It allows you to adjust your money, career standing, pilot classification, add or remove aircraft. It uses the “common.db” file located in your c:/program data/neofly folder. There’s also a youtube tutorial.

Picked it up recently and have been livestreaming the experience.

I asked about cheat in Discord and they said ‘no’.

Everything is terribly expensive.

Lord forbid you damage your planes. The total cost of the plane is not considered for repairs at the moment. No idea how they are determining the repair costs but they are outrageous.

I’ve not had any luck yet getting the Advertising, Parachutists or Search and Rescue to work. Only Emergencies work ‘most of the time’.

My hired pilots like to PARTY HARD. For me they do not ‘rest and recover’ if just idle and sometimes even with NF4 shut down they do not recover health. I have to remove them from their plane assignments then shut down.

Only ONE Backup slot unless you manually go into the directory and copy/rename the BAK file.

Moving your pilot and plane cost an arm and a leg. Thier statement on that cost was ‘We’re moving you at VIP Rates and it’s INSTANT’. I’d rather fly coach.

I’ve finally made enough to get myself and 4 hired pilots into Caravans. Starting to finally make some money.

At the moment it does not seem hired pilots get XP, can advance or take qualifying tests. Just have to fire them and hire more experienced ones.

NF4 crashed on me yesterday an no matter what I tried I could not make it launch. Worked with Discord people and finally just had to save my BAK file someplace safe, uninstall, clear out community folder, clear out user/appdata/yadda, etc then reinstall everything including Bugfix 31& SKY4Sim over again. Then restore the BAK. It’s working fine again but nobody had any solution as to why.

The first three weeks has been a roller coaster of ups and downs and I’ve wanted to quit. Especially now that MSFS2024 is going to be career oriented as well. But I’m reaching that point where it feels it’s starting to get interesting and it’s keeping me going.

1 Like

Is that really for V4? I dont have that directory but I managed to find a database file named std.bin in the Neofly folder (wherever your .exe is) and that is editable using the same tool. So for me I added a bunch of money to be able to buy planes and move planes and my pilot freely and mostly play for XP now.
I just find it a bit to longwinding to try to earn enough money to buy the planes I really want to use…

Actually I also gave my pilot all qualifications as well…

2 Likes

I shouldn’t broadcast that too loudly since the developer is very much against editing the database and could lock it down totally if it becomes widespread.