Anyone working on Comco Ikarus C42?

Does anyone know of any developers working on building a Comco Ikarus C42 for the sim? It’s a very popular aircraft for new fliers and would be a great addition to the line up.

8 Likes

A C42 would be really cool.

2 Likes

I totally agree it would be a great addon. A lot of people learn to fly in C42s and an addon would be a great training aid.

1 Like

While I can understand the emotional attachment, if someone’s learned to fly in a specific plane, I am not too thrilled by the idea.
The Ikarus is very close in design and performance to the CTLS, Jabiru and Pipistrel and I personally don’t need a fourth high wing microlight.

2 Likes

While what you personally want or don’t want may be important to you…with respect it’s not necessarily what the MSFS wider community would want for the future.

Who knows… Considering the popularity of this topic, I don’t get the impression the majority of people in this forum is impatiently waiting for an Ikarus

I would be interested in the C42

Would bei nice, If they could port this one? Ikarus C42

Don’t know, if it’s good.

That is not for MSFS

2 Likes

I had that C42 addon for FSX. It was good!

i am also interested into this aircraft… hoping some will do it…

1 Like

I have actually been waiting for a c42 in MSFS 2020 since August 2020 :smiley: Would love to have one, would pay 30 € for it if it is as great as the version for X-Plane :slight_smile:

#c42formsfs2020
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d absolutely Love a C42. Took my First Flight in G-OKTA C42

2 Likes

Me too - keen to have c42

Hi All,

New here but I have some good news.

We are working on a C42, we should have some exterior screenshots soon. Development is still in progress and we’re facing many challenges due to the complex way MSFS is setup but hopefully the end product will be worth the wait!

13 Likes

That’s fantastic news, I wish you the very best of luck and look forward to the aircraft when you release it.

1 Like

Good to hear!

1 Like

Hope everything is going well.
Any info on the C42 yet?
Cheers

1 Like

I would LOVE to see a C42 in MSFS. I own one with a friend and we fly out of Popham in Hampshire.

I made a split screen video of us landing in our “real world” C42 at Popham EGHP. I had to use the Virus in MSFS unfortunately. I’m using the excellent “GOBBY” freeware scenery for Popham available at flightsim.to

Bring on the Ikarus C42 please kind developers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, is the development further in progress or is it stopped?

1 Like