Are cloud bases in new METAR system in AGL or MSL?

Every METAR report is injected to low. Have anyone seen any overcast layer be to high?

But it looks neither like overcast nor really BRK, no sign of rain !

Nope it’s totally wrong, with the big towering clouds as usual

3 Likes

I give up - go for a round of iRacing - my cockpit is covered in dust anyway - send me a PM when it’s ready :slight_smile: !

We can’t see a cloudbase. it would mean the clouds are in the ground right?

Not really sure what FEW000 would really mean to be honest

Maybe to few to measure the height?

Yes could be

@OlieTsubasa443 Olie, I think the community would appreciate an update on this issue. To myself and many others this is a game breaking bug.

Four days ago you commented:
“Hello everyone, we are closing this thread.
The live weather is back. What you are experiencing is related to bugs introduced with SU7, these issues will soon be addressed.”

I do hope that “soon be addressed” does not mean Feb. 2022.

7 Likes

Already private messaged him couple of days ago to ask exact same question and try to get some clarity on what exactly he meant, he didn’t reply and still hasn’t

1 Like

Soon = within a short time. End of Jan or beginning of Feb is not soon.

1 Like

This also sounds like they know the issue causing it.

It certainly implies that

First of all the weather system is not ‘completely flawed’. A gross overstatement.
The point of a Simulator, (clue is in the name) is to approximate realism.
To be ‘real’ would be a ‘replication’. It isnt. It is a simulation of reality.
But if the cloud cover is so worrying to make it ‘completely flawed’ use the tools provided. Change the weather, cloud cover etc.
I think you guys are grossly overstating the issues with the weather system. It just isnt that bad and getting better all the time.

Your attempt at trying to justify this buggy weather system with semantics will not change the fact that this thread has 410 votes and counting. Not to mention the myriad of other threads that have popped up since SU7.

But keep trying to fight the good fight :+1:t2:

12 Likes

FEW000 means 50 feet. Just like 0000 means 50 meters of visibility.

2 Likes

Ahh interesting didn’t know that, thanks for the info!

I’d clarify by saying it means “up to 50 feet.” Patchy fog can be reported as FEW000 with FG FEW000 in remarks (in the United States, at least. Other countries may have different standards).

1 Like

Didn’t know that. Good to know. In Europe we report patchy fog as MIFG. A fog that’s thick enough to be catched by transmissometres is reported with BCFG. As soon as it’s thick enough to be measured by ceilometres then it gets reported in the cloud layers. But at the airport I work at its usually quite fast between these so as soon as the sky is obscured I report it as vertical visibility.
Reporting around 200 meters visibility and a visible cloud layer in 50 or 100 feet is weird because it’s all milk lol.

2 Likes

Another day

EDDL 300450Z 23013KT 6000 -DZ BKN006 OVC009 04/03 Q1007 TEMPO 23015G25KT 4000

Everywhere clouds stuck in the ground here.

Asobo, you said a revised weather engine. I hope this is not the best thing you can do. :wink: This Problem was introduced with SU7. Never saw this before. This thread has now had over 400 votes. It has been discussed for almost two weeks. Why you don’t even have a short info for us? It is a tragedy
 :neutral_face:

11 Likes