Are cloud bases in new METAR system in AGL or MSL?

And to also note that EDDL presently is under a thick cloud cover with 100% at all Low, Medium, and High levels. In MSFS there’s just a few what looks like Ac while this kind of weather would be beautifully represented before SU7.

1 Like

Yep that’s ridiculous… Need a fix ASAP!

Do you even know what the name “microsoft flight simulator” has stood for for over 30 years? It’s not just a game or so… If it’s like what you wrote in your profile, then I understand it even less. :slightly_smiling_face:

And what kind of tools do you mean? rex etc.? I think the simulator should implement basic functions correctly without having to switch to tools. This applies, among other things, to weather and traffic too.

2 Likes

LOWI continues to be hogged by low level clouds. I really wish for this to be sorted out somehow. I don’t want to wait until the end of February to fix clouds being rendered below the ground :frowning:

LOWI 300750Z VRB02KT 9999 FEW007 SCT050 BKN080 M03/M03 Q1016 BECMG FM0930 4000 -SN

Also, if I recall correctly, the devs said in the last Q&A that there are several glitches to be expected in the weather. Perhaps this is one of them? If so, I don’t believe we’ll get a hotfix for that.

1 Like

If they consider breaking a key feature of their product (I’m pretty sure I heard Jorg say how important the weather is for a flight simulator multiple times) a “glitch”, then maybe we’ll have to live with that. But that would for sure alter my future perception of their communication.

1 Like

Yeah. Weather is very, very important. Said by Jorg himself. And then they release this unfinished not properly tested thing :/.
But since I’m so invested in this sim and I love weather both IRL and in the sim, I’m probably being too harsh.
I think they’re stepping in the right direction, and bugs will be expected. It sucks donkey, but I’ll try to be more patient.

1 Like

Flew around South Africa which is around 7000ft above sea level and had nice fluffy clouds dragging along the floor :rofl:

Seriously this is an immersion breaker and I’m grounded until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Yes, it is… And there are still people who find this normal or we would exaggerate. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You can set cloud cover in the Simulator.
I understand the history. Been using it since early 1980s.

Then don’t please.
I am merely expressing my opinions.
I fully accept that at times the cloud cover isn’t right. Well it is a simulator not a replicator. So at times it won’t be right. So set your own cloud cover. To then write off the whole weather engine as totally flawed and unusable is going way over the top.

Thank you, I will. Grateful for your support.

If that were just the case then fair enough - that was the case before SU7 where meteoblue wouldn’t always get the cloud cover correct because it’s prediction was a bit off. As you say absolutely can live with that.

But right now since SU7 it is globally not correct, across the entire planet because of this bug with the cloud height.

A user shouldn’t have to adjust the cloud height themselves. How do you expect someone to properly do a flight from A to B if they have to constantly keep adjusting the cloud height themselves to match what it should be?

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip. But this here is about the live weather that doesn’t work properly and not about custom settings that you can make yourself. What kind of solution should this be? Flying with a global static weather preset from one country to another? Same Weather all the way? This cannot be serious. This may work for a short flight around the corner, but not for flights with airliners.

Me too.

@CynicalLake3917 What I can’t live with is this:

2 Likes

No it’s not, because for those of us users that want to use it as it was intended, how it was sold and advertised, which is to accurately recreate and simulated the live weather conditions and now it can’t even get the cloud height or coverage correct or even close, then yes it renders it unusable.

Not only that but it has done a pretty good job of this right up to SU6, and now with SU7 suffered a big degradation because it is bugged.

I absolutely wish I could have the same mentality of yourself and just not care because I can adjust the weather myself, but it’s not what I use MSFS for, neither is it for hundreds of others that have voted this thread and many others threads with similar or other weather-related bugs and issues.

9 Likes

Look what’s happening here @Hester40MT @OlieTsubasa443 , look at how frustrated and angry people are getting, not only in this thread but across the full forums, because we are STILL being ignored by the devs.

I know this isn’t something you guys have direct control over, it’s up to them. But if you can influence them in anyway, then please do so. This sort of atmosphere within the forums and constant upset and anger is not what MSFS should be about.

2 Likes

I think we all now got your point. Of course the weather can’t be 100% correct depiction of the real world, but this bug is utterly annoying. It is NOT about every cloud to be there where it is in reality, it is about basics being wrong. I can easily live with a simulated weather depiction (as we had pre SU7), when it still simulates the reality without (!) clouds below ground level or just on the ground. Not so difficult to differentiate, no? Nobody asks for a 100% representation…

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Couldn’t agree more, not only have I stopped using the sim totally now, I am not enjoying visiting the forums either.

What a sorry state of affairs.

3 Likes

Yep same here

1 Like