Are the Reno P-51's broken?

So during takeoff of the P-51’s, It suddenly veers violently and uncontrollably to the left and then to the right. Countering with opposite rudder cant fix it. This is with mediocre winds and well below full power.

I will post a link to a video I made of the problem below.

Have you seen this thread?

1 Like

I actually had this with two aircraft after the update to GOTY - the T-6G and, to a lesser extent, but still a wild ride in the PC-6. Lifted off the deck at about 45 knots with negligible wind and had its “weight” on a single wheel on the ground and I could neither set it down or lift off until it was up to speed - rolling along on that one wheel, trying hard not to smash it into the deck.

That quoted post mentions veering to the left, but like OP, mine went both ways (although for me it was right first, then left, which may have been a reaction to my attempts at correction with my pedals).

edit: also different to that post - once actually airborne I was okay and got it straight back under control with both aircraft.

Mines the same. If you manage to get airborne, the problem disappears. Just a modelling bug I think but they don’t seem to care? :thinking:

1 Like

Update: I fixed all the planes. Looking at the folders of all P51s, the default model has the most megabytes, so I thought it was the base model that manages all the others. The thing improved after I opened all the models in the hangar to make screenshots of all the cockpits. I then tested the L39 before and after opening each model. After that, they are now flying as they should.

2 Likes

Yes, they are totally broken. The t6, jet etc all work well. I wanted to fly the P51 and its unflyable.

1 Like

Try using full up elevator on takeoff and rudder to compensate, works for me.

1 Like

Sure I can get it to fly but it’s totally wrong and just stops flying randomly.

1 Like

Center of gravity of some P-51D models need to be adjusted.
The front is so heavy that the tail wheel doesn’t seem to have enough grip even the stick is pulled to the max during the takeoff.
Try adjusting the CG backwards within the limit before pressing the Fly button.
This will also make you possible to land on 3 points at 95 mph without sudden drop of the head of your plane.
Asobo really need to fix this CG problem. (I think Miss America is the only plane which have proper CG.)

1 Like

Could you please elaborate? You basically said you fixed the planes by taking screen shot’s

1 Like