Are we going backwards?

They look now incredible awful

1 Like

Dont think im allowed to post pics from previous builds but just take a look through the forums and you will see a post with comparison shots… it only gets worse. My first sim was fs95 and ive bought all the sims since, flightsim, x plane, p3d, aerofly so I do know what im talking about and I do notice the details when they change.

Its a shame really, it was looking promising. In my personal opinion, simulators especially flight simulators are made for the PC, dumb it down for the XBox version dont care, but dont let us hardcore simmers suffer.

20 Likes

Why wouldn’t you be allowed to post pics from previous builds?

If you’re talking about pictures you took while you were under NDA, your statement would be true, but, otherwise, I’m not aware of any issue with showing pictures from previous builds.

How are we supposed to discuss this topic if we can’t do that. That would be ridiculous.

13 Likes

Just expanding on what @FlyingsCool5650 said. You are not allowed to discuss your experience during pre-release tests (alpha 1 → beta before Aug 18th, VR testing or subsequent pre-release tests). You are however allowed to discuss and share images, and recordings of any public build.

8 Likes

Wow. I think visuals look better. And much smoother flying. The auto gen was blurry before. Looks a bit better to me. I’m having CTd problems.

4 Likes

Well, the textures are terrible. You can see in this picture. And don’t ask me a picture from before the update to have “proof” because all of you know it was not like this… Resolution is 4K + everything on ultra, and that’s what I’m getting when flying cruise level. Before the update of course we didn’t have photogrammetry at that FL, but textures down there were actually HD. Now it’s like this. And the photogrammetry only starts to load when you are very low, like FL070 or below… We got better performance, but what’s the cost? This?

45 Likes

I thought that’s what mountain terrain looks like at near what 25000 ft?

14 Likes

Blurry and awful…

7 Likes

which is why I wont go any further.

2 Likes

Yep agreed 100%. The ground textures took a major leap backwards to smush this sim on xbox. Great proof there.

18 Likes

Not for me sim looks the best it ever has, so much clearer and better colours. Also helped by being able to turn up settings even more. but even before making changes it looked better to me. tree and object draw distance is so much better.

16 Likes

Bruh don’t play d**b the thing is look how blurry those mountains are. They are not even HD this is worse than looking at it via google maps or bing itself on browser. Even when you get below 15000ft, before the textures were mostly loaded already and the scenario was almost all HD. Now it’s blurry until you descend below 7000 and that’s when it gets worse because all the scenario and photogrammetry starts loading in front of your eyes. Once again I will say, performance, nice, but at what cost?

10 Likes

I have GTX 980 - and I’ll be better with 20-30 fps but with the decent graphics and realistic visuals with the medium/ultra settings than with the low quality textures everywhere. Is the only way of optimization to bring visual quality down?

1 Like

I’m not saying the update is bad overall. It had really great performance improvements and all. You also have that tree draw distance and colors getting a boost too, etc. But photogrammetry loads and unloads every time if you start looking in all directions quick you will notice it (didn’t happen before), textures loading when you are landing, bad quality texture when flying certain areas (outside world updates). It definitely lost visual fidelity when flying in a higher altitude, and now things doesn’t seem to load before you arrive. Try doing a long flight with an airliner instead of a tour made by asobo flying low.

3 Likes

I should have added only seen it from below 5000ft as rarely fly at high altitudes. Wonder if server loads have anything to do with it.

1 Like

You may be on to something there. I remember reading that the servers do serve textures at different levels of quality based on connection speed.

That explains it. Indeed, in low altitudes the sim looks gorgeous, especially if you are flying only in the area you started on, but try flying higher than FL070 and go to distant places.

3 Likes

Ill give it a try tomorrow when I go back on and take a look.

Man, my problem is after 10 minutes of flight in a c152, constant CTD, no error message

4 Likes

Looks the same for me and runs around 40% better on average

1 Like