Are we going backwards?

Yes you could be onto something there. Whatever it is, I hope we will see an improvement of what we used to know in the near future.
Edit: Or at least give us the option to switch back to the previous visuals. Doing so would make everyone happy.

1 Like

Yes next to the colours, TTA performance has degraded … one can see it during taxi on an airport and e.g. look at the blast deflectors (awful jagged lines) e.g. in EDDF when taxining towards RWY18 on the right side.

1 Like

The issues is regarding draw distance, so obviously a screenshot like the last one is still going to look good.
Try and compare while flying over non-photogrammetry cities and you will see a huge difference.

Interview of Asobo Tech Director today

Guys never mind the graphics, I can’t even control my plane and move the camera at the same time with my mouse it’s really annoying! Is no one else having that problem?

Yep my money is staying where it is till we are back to previous quality

1 Like

There´s one thing that was discovered and might help some with the degraded graphics https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/settings-do-not-stick-since-su5/432211
It is clearly a bug!
Those of you that have issues don’t get into pointless argument, visit topics that are actually trying to find solutions. Others that are here to bash about conspiracy theories and what not with their equal counterpart, the self-righteous “I´m right you’re wrong” should just ignore this and continue with what you’re doing, my apologues for taking up you’re time…

1 Like

Yes I can confirm after setting to low settings and then applying ultra back my sim does look crisp as before. The quality now is much much better.

However some things still remain:

• Colour banding around clouds
    *At high altitude the scenery below is very blurry
    *Night time needs a big big rework
1 Like

Hi All,
Please check if you can improve your graphics by changing the following parameters as it shown below ( UserCfg file):

{Buildings
	Enabled 1
	Quality 4
}
{VegetationLarge
	Enabled 1
	Quality 4
}
{VegetationSmall
	Enabled 1
	Quality 4

{TextureSynthesis
	Quality 5

{VectorDataTessellation
	Enabled 1
	Quality 5

PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 0
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 0
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 0
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000

Then set the file as read-only

7 Likes

Awesome just applied it and loving it.

1 Like

Definitely improved it so thank you. London is still MSFS’s version of the Bermuda Triangle though. That Update started everything heading South for me. This console version means I will not spend another cent on the game until we get a PC version back.

3 Likes

Who can post a voting topic? Just moderators? It would be interesting to see the results for questions like, “Do you ever think you’ll come back to this sim?” “Did the hotfix cause any new issues?” etc

Hopefully this demonstrates what he’s talking about better. The one with the Vueling Engine view is from SU4. If you then look at the bottom of the clouds with the piper in it, you’ll see the colour banding.

Side Note… the third screenshot I eventually figured out was a rainbow beneath the cloud. Rainbows need a look at - they’re too vivid and will aggressively follow. This one was lying in wait like a 7-coloured serial killer.

Nice, i will get back the SU4!!!

Adobo killed the concept of LOD with the latest patch.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Already existing settings: 2k + render scale to 150 + everything maxed out + rolling cache.
I applied the following settings in my User Config file:

Terrain+Building LOD => 4

{Buildings
Enabled 1
Quality 4
}
{VegetationLarge
Enabled 1
Quality 4
}
{VegetationSmall
Enabled 1
Quality 4
}
{TextureSynthesis
Quality 5
}
{VectorDataTessellation
Enabled 1
Quality 5
}

It really improves things a lot!
It is not only a placebo effects as some people outside the sim sphere found it as well when I submitted some pics to them to compare

On a i9-9900+RTX3080, 45 FPS solid.
If Asobo reads me, it would not hurt to make these rendering options as sliders within the sim ; and not having to play with config file… (we are in 2021! Feels like the old days with FS9).

Gotta test high-altitude/liner + the VR version as well now.

1 Like

The awnser: YES

Back with some pics using the PMDG DC-6.
Framerate takes a hit using complex aircraft but still above 30ish FPS.

Definitely back to SU4 quality or so.

I can only encourage people to perform the tip above (Are we going backwards? - #328 by Vincat84) given by @Vincat84 until Asobo address the quality rendering properly with in-game ajustable options to their full potential.
Thanks Vincat84!

1 Like

Lets wait for the Next hotfix.
Thanks Asobo to address these issues…

1 Like