Are we going backwards?

You may be on to something there. I remember reading that the servers do serve textures at different levels of quality based on connection speed.

That explains it. Indeed, in low altitudes the sim looks gorgeous, especially if you are flying only in the area you started on, but try flying higher than FL070 and go to distant places.

3 Likes

Ill give it a try tomorrow when I go back on and take a look.

Man, my problem is after 10 minutes of flight in a c152, constant CTD, no error message

4 Likes

Looks the same for me and runs around 40% better on average

1 Like

I think some community mods that are free need updates to stop random crashes with the new version. This version seems to be the most polished and makes the biggest gaming difference in my opinion. Great performance upgrade. It sort of matches console performance now. Get Bijan Hibashi’s awesome seasons mod for great trees.

Did you tried editing LOD terrain/object on cfg? It help and FPS now still good.

1 Like

Can you share where this setting is and what you recommend changing it to?
Actually have performance to spare so i am curious what this looks like.

1 Like

Wrong, I have a symmetric 1gb connection and I have the same blurry texture problems since SU5.

What does that have to do with server load?
Are you a network analyst with a complete understanding of how the internet works and all the servers and everything in between? I’m very proud of you for having a “symmetric 1GB” connection".

All I said was I thought it was an interesting idea it could be related to server load, and you come back with “Wrong”… What is that? Why can’t people write as if they’re sitting across the table from each other.

I’m sorry you’re so upset by this perceived slight to you.

I’ll see you later. Not.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■ what a mess. Remember this game is all about PC, not Xbox… Don’t scare your biggest customers away. Loading times and FPS dramatically improved for xbox and now us PC gamers have to suffer for blah graphics? Beginner defaults enabled? A lot of airplane mods don’t work anymore. Bugs galore. I dropped thousands of dollars on a pc setup for just this game. Come on… I’m not playing until all this junk is fixed right.

25 Likes

Files location, where is your MSFS installed to:
AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Files to Edit: UserCfg

Scroll down to\ Change to:

{Terrain
	LoDFactor 5.000000 
}
{ObjectsLoD
	LoDFactor 5.000000 (or higher to taste ex: 10.000000 )

After saving the files, set the files as read only to avoid MSFS change it again.

2 Likes

Agreed. Sadly. I finished al the necessary updating late in the night yesterday and went out for some fun with a friend that uses the Xbox version. I struggled to get anything going in the cockpit until I realized all input profiles are broken and have to be reverted to default. Then the new camera is … pure … I don’t know man. Needless to say that I crashed the pipistrel twice in succession even though I was flying it for months. It felt like flying GTA now. Gonna have to try again today and see if it’s really that bad. I also realized that all progress on 3rd-party bush trips and the training missions was reset. The market place also looks more BETA than before if you use the new “paid” and “free” filters.

3 Likes

Yes this downgrade is so sad, looks like Xplane now :frowning:

4 Likes

No, I’m a Xplane user. It still LOOKS better than XP.

Xplane flies better though.

5 Likes

LMAO… I cant believe what i c… it actually looks like an xbox game… yea…

7 Likes

They don’t care, they’ve already got your money.

A year ago I was pressing for a subscription based model as it keeps the devs on their toes. Promising the world, encouraging many of us to go out and spend thousands to upgrade already adequate systems in order to experience the fabulous graphics, then dumping this on us. They advertise all the fabulous updates yet happily ignore the problems introduced. Finally they optimise the platform so a console user can play for 10 minutes.

MS and Asobo wanted us to believe they were committed to producing the best flight sim ever. Well they sucked us in and currently they are nowhere near XP11 in terms of flight simulation and don’t look like ever getting there in their Scenery Simulator (that CTDs with monotonous regularity).

No, they don’t care and I doubt now if it will ever be fixed.

17 Likes

Wait for the dark XP side to hit back :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Exact opposite for me. Looks and performs way better than before.

5 Likes

the lucky ones are even able to boot the game and see it.
I managed to see it for some minutes yesterday evening but then it was just a server ■■■■■■■■ with ctds, failed startups, checking for updates, etc.
for the small time I could see it I noticed a downgrade in some graphic aspects like trees, clouds, airport structures being renderd upclose etc.

appears to be a downgrade so people on a couch can “sim”.

4 Likes