Are you guys an General Aviation or Airliners type of person or both?

Me, more like an airliner. I like much piloting and my best aircraft in MSFS is A320 neo, otherwise i make a daring with CESSNA 150 or Diamond

Definitely depends on my mood.

But mostly GA. I just donā€™t have enough time for flying airliners properly.

PS: Thatā€™s why Iā€™m super excited for the A2A Comanche.

I came to MSFS purely to fly low and slow GA because of the scenery. I didnā€™t even bother ever looking at the airliners.

One of my nerdy hobbies in FSX was making wingviews so on a whim I decided to make some for the MSFS A320neo. After I made them I thought ā€œHmm lemme take this on a real world route just for gigglesā€

I have now forgotten all the GA planes and might well uninstall them :sweat_smile:
I cannot get enough of the neo bus.

Thanks to Asobo and Microsoft for letting me (and many others) live in an alternate world where we really are Captains :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m a GA flyer and I like the scenery as well. I like to just tour around and fly short local hops. I abhor airliners and Uber long distance routes. I just canā€™t get a taste for airline flying. My favourite places to fly are Canada :canada: and Ontario (where In live). The Netherlands and Austria and Switzerland are my other favourite places to fly. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll venture out to different global locales over time but Iā€™m still discovering new sceneryā€™s in my favourite flying areas. I fly therefore I am. :+1:

GA and lately vintage military stuff. I find airliners to be incredibly boring. All the fun parts (procedures, systems etc) I can do in smaller GA planes without hours of AFK cruising and lower altitudes means better views. If you want to listen to or watch something during a flight it makes sense though

On the basis of where you already fly - I highly recommend the South Island of New Zealand.

Try exploring around:

NZMR Murchison
NZQN Queenstown
NZMF Milford Sound
NZMC Mount Cook

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna write that down for future reference. Thank you sir. :+1:

No worries, if you do decide to visit NZ, NZA Simulations have a batch of freeware airports (and some awesome payware ones) -

Back in the old FSX days, Carenado with their photorealistic cockpits really caught my interest with their superb GA twins.

Thanks to Carenado it was the first time I saw some bigger and more interesting Cessnas, and luxury and beauty and a real luxury cabin, instead of ā€œthe eternalā€ C172 used in all sims since the the archeopterix flew in the skies :smiley:

Of course I had all the old PMDGĀ“s too like the Queen of the Skies and the 777, but I had zero knowledge about VOR and Waypoint navigation (and there was no Garmin 1000 moving map back in the FSX days) thatĀ“s why I just enjoyed the feeling and immersion of sitting in the cozy heated cockpit while the rain was drizzling on the windows, and flew airliners VFR too. Without ever managing to ever land an airliner of courseā€¦

The Fenix fly by wire is the first airliner I am capable to fly and land per hand, because it has such awesome computer-assistance.
Like automatic flap speed auto-thrust based on the flaps setting, no stupid endless trimming up trimming down trimming right trimming left NONSTOP like all other planes, but stable as a dart soaring through the air, wonderful! :slight_smile:

I have a ā€œNeed for Speedā€
I love flying military aircraft and mostly fly the F14. Did someone say Grand Canyon Run. lol Iā€™m still low and slow but getting better. :slight_smile:

Happy Flying

General Aviation for sure.

I suppose the appeal of airliners is the complexity of their routines, but after a while, to me, that just feels like looking at numbers and pressing buttons. I love the feel of smaller planes and navigating the world in a way you can actually take it in. Recognizing landmarks, getting close to nature and maneuvering the plane around it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve quickly gone to the PMDG 737. I had the old one for FSX (with the 737-800 also), this new one was really quick to get in and fly with it.

Iā€™ve tried a few of the general aviation planes but the airliners are what I prefer.

Iā€™m hoping a study level Concorde will come along with all the systems. Iā€™ve had one before and understand it well. Itā€™s fun to go vast distances in only a few hours. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll also be very interested in what comes of that Fly By Wire A380. Could it become a study level A380?

Definitely airliners for me. Plus, the bigger the better. The inibuilds A310 and PMDG 777 canā€™t come soon enough.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t have said it better myself. Iā€™m in the same mind set, fly, see, explore, fly manually. :+1:

1 Like

100% GA for me. Love me some small planes. Iā€™ve got no interest in flying airliners. When I want to go high and fast, I tend to use business jets. I quite love the CJ4 (with WT mod) and itā€™s my main squeeze for high altitude flying.

But do you have a gaming room, a cinema and a lounge in a tiny biz jet like for example a Gulfstream or Learjet?
No, just boring seats like every casual train or every other airplane has.

Only when opening the purse a little bit more to buy an Airbus A350 instead of a Learjet you will get this interior:

The price difference is there with 370 million for an Airbus A350 and only 20 million for a Learjet, but donĀ“t cheap out when itĀ“s about flying with comfort and style.

And look at this! This looks like coming right out of Star Trek!

Captain on the bridge.

You see you can travel with more style in an Airbus than in a Learjet, as long as the Airbus you buy as your private biz jet has the legendary Quatar Airways interior. :slight_smile:

Considering I never leave the cockpit, it doesnā€™t matter to me. lol Itā€™s all about the handling of the plane for me.

You will, while the autopilot flies.
The Airbus private gaming room and a very comfortable bed is calling at 9pm.
A cockpit is great but when becoming tired in the evening, the bed with 155" OLED TV and several thousand movies and series from X-files to Outer Limits to choose from, is betterā€¦

GA here, pretty much.

But once helicopters come, Iā€™ll probably never touch another fixed wing again.

Photo is static default scenery at Miramar (MCAS). Iā€™m hopeful they add it eventually as a flyable helicopter.

2 Likes