Are you using rolling cache?

I have recently turned it off because I got 250mbit unlimited data so it should be better that way and I was having blurry textures all the time. I have yet to fly a photogrammetry city though.

1 Like

Of course, not.

1 Like

32GB on an enterprise HDD (~150MB/sec), as I only have a ~20mbps|~2.5MB/sec connection (actual functional speed rather than theoretical speed).

seams to work OK, for my common routes using OnAir vs disabling it and streaming data.

Yes…32gb and I rarely have any stutters in VR with a 1080ti and 5600x

No was at the start but found the sim to stutter more.

I do have 64gb ram and use a 32gb ram cache, which improved performance for me.

1 Like

Already a lengthy thread about it here

50 GIGS and 100 for the CACHE

mine is off

I tried on and off… doesn’t seem to make a difference for me since I am already connected to the internet

1 Like

Not sure you are getting the idea of Megabit vs Megabyte. A good, average speed is 100Mbps, and that equates to about 13MB/s.
I set my rolling cache to 32GB and that works fine with 13MB/s.

well 8Mbps = 1MB/sec, thus 20Mbps must be 2.5MB/sec.

my connection has a theoretical rate of 24Mbps (3MB/sec), of which I actually realise 20Mbps(2.5MB/sec) consistently.

so I really don’t know what you are blathering on about or trying to point out that I am missing, as clearly you are missing something.

32gig…I was up in the 200’s. but here no issues now

Sorry, read your post wrong. All good, moving on. ■■■■ shame about you bottom of the barrel connection mate.

At the suggestion of more than one “trusted source” on this forum I have turned my Rolling Cache off.

Result, post update? Flying over detailed mountains in southern Oregon and northern California today in the TBM I was astonished to see frame rates break 80 fps. That’s never happened before.

Your results may vary…

Everyone is off topic.

The thread started out about “Rolling Cache”.

Rolling Cache is referred to in terms of Gigabytes of disk storage.
Mine is set to 16 GB. (8 bits = 1 Byte) On my C: (boot) drive.

Some of you are talking about Mbps (Megabits per second).
This is the speed of your internet from your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Mine is 200 Mbps from Spectrum via cable to house.

I’m connecting to the FS2020 MS Cloud via my 5G Wireless Router.
Just checked it using speedtest.net. 240.90 Mbps.

Neither has any relation to each other.

Yes, set size to its default, 8 GB.
But, I move Rolling Cache file location to other SSD drive (not in default location C:\Users…), plus I add its location to Exclusion list of Windows Security (Defender).

I delete and create again every time after update.

For my case, whether it is turned on or not, does not have much effect on the FPS (performance).

Not “Everyone” is, most if they use it have given a GB value.

your assertion that there is no relationship between why someone would use it or not and their internet download speed potential is a bit wide of the mark, as they do have some relevance to one another, especially if their internet speed is at the lower end of the scale and they wish to avoid repeatedly downloading the SAME data for an often travelled area.

1 Like

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how do I set mine to 32g? Is it just in the DATA settings. Mine says unlimited right now but if turning rolling cache on and setting limit to 32 is a good spot I would love to try it.

If you could explain how I do this I would much appreciate it.

1 Like

Follow instructions here then turn it back on and input the new value.

1 Like

Thank you! I will give it a shot.

1 Like

64GB rolling cache on a 2TB SSD.

Perhaps it’s a bit excessive…