Around the World VFR (ish) - now complete!

Leg 49 Bangkok, Thailand (VTBD Bangkok International) to Hong Kong (VHHH Hong Kong International)

This leg: 914Nm, 3:36 flying time
Total so far: 53,376Nm, 203:55 flying time

Off to Hong Kong today, a relatively short hop for us - just under 1,000Nm. Taking a direct route, but with an approach in to runway 25R at Hong Kong than should give us a nice turn around over the city as we line up with the airport.

What’s Bangkok food like then? Well I’ve gone for Thai corn cakes with pickled cucumbers - a classic Thai street food apparently. Hopefully enough to keep everyone going.

So let’s get going, and a nice bright day in Bangkok. Climbing and turning about 180 degrees to head North East

Crossing the Mekong River into Vietnam and then out to sea and over the East Vietnam Sea

The island of Hainan in China and then crossing over the Chinese main land itself

Over Macao, with Hong Kong and our destination airport in the distance ahead

And a nice tour of Hong Kong before lining up on approach - soeme stunning views

Lined up, and looking good - with amazing scenery behind

Landing and parked up

Nice flight

I took the screenshots today by recording the flight using Flight Control Replay by Fabio Merlo @Kartijno. This worked really well, enabling me to fly the plane “naturally” without continuous pausing, I then replayed the flight, fast forwarding through to the parts where I wanted to take screenshots. Good job Fabio, thank you. I recommend this tool to anyone - good value and works well. A few small teething points to be ironed out, but has great potential. See here for a more in depth review.